Themescene H56 Problem

dominicsavio

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All I am new to the forum but I am hoping someone can help. My brother kindly gave me a themescene which has a problem.When you turn it on the projector and fan powers up and you see the Themescene logo on the wall for about 10 seconds then the image goes and the green light goes off and you have a blank wall. But the power is still on.My brother said he had the bulb checked and he was that their was still 50 hours left on the bulb. Could anyone let me know if they would have any idea what the problem,and is it worth spening money on this to get it working.My brother both it from new he baid £2K+ for it about 8 years ago.

I would really appreciate anyones input

Thanks

Dominic

There is no scale that says there is 50hrs left, bulbs can go anytime from new (0hrs) to around 4000hrs depending on the make and model of the projector.

Bulbs can fail at any time although you should get maybe 1500-2500hrs on average. The bulb could be failing or it could be something else.

The projector is worth £200-250 if working and with a bulb with some life in it or as yours is £50-100max.

To get it checked out will cost about £50 + any new parts/bulb which is likely to cost another £100 min (if bulb is faulty) to £200+ if anything more serious.

So in other words unless you are prepared to lay out upwards of £100 I would bin it. A new 1080p Optoma projector with warranty will cost about £550.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom