1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Themescene H56 compatability problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sieze, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Sieze

Sieze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Themescene H56A projector. Overall I am very happy with the unit but it does have a problem I wanted to share. When using a s-vhs cable as an input it has signal compatability prioblems with certain s-vhs sources. My problems have been from my digital phillips sky box and my JVC s-vhs video, the picture goes black and white then colour. It works well with my phillips DVD and sony playstation using a s-vhs signal. I have spoken with technical support and they are aware of incompatability issures with the s-vhs signal and can't really help. Apparently phillips sky decoders have big compatability problems. I am probably changing to sky + as a solution and wanted to warn others. (I have tested sky + with no problems)

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could be Macrovision but TBH, all PJs should cope. Then again, if Sky+ works OK, it's unlikely to be Macrovision.

Any mention of a firmware upgrade to cure the incompatibility?

3. Sieze

Sieze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He mentioned one but said they were having problems finding what the problems were as phillips etc won't release their exact specifications.

4. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    if it was a fault with the H56 i'm assuming you would get it all the time regardless of what you used, but it may be how certain products output the s-vhs signal

5. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have had a ongoing problem with video s cables on my H56, I get a hatching effect when using a certain manufacturers cables they replaced my cables with a set of component cables (I had to buy a video s to RGB converter) it was the only way of getting rid of the problem. I had put all the cables in the wall as i was building my extention so cannot remove them!! so much for future proofing!!!!! :lesson:

6. Sieze

Sieze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smartipants it is the s-vhs signal and the H56 inability to lock on that causes the problem. It is OK with certain S-vhs sources and not with others. I have no problems with component or any other inputs.

PS what converter did you buy - any good?

7. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No it a problem with the cable, when put on to my lcd the "hatching" was not there but is visable with the projector
    used a budget video s cable with no problems
    so came to the conclusion it was a compatability problem between the two

the RGB converter was the same one they sell at www.letropacks.co.uk for about £75. I was lucky enough to get mine for £50 on Ebay