1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ThemeScene H30A??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by arnie, Jul 23, 2005.

1. arnie

arnie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As a total newbie, I have done my best and for around £1000, the H30A seems a good deal. However, before taking the plunge, I would apreciate any advice or comment from the wealth of experience on this forum.
    Thanks

2. IVOLIC

IVOLIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Take the plunge. You will not regret it.
    I love the picture on mine and I have n't touched the settings yet. It took me a good day to set up my Panny. With this projector I just took it out of the box and plugged it in.
    IMO the best pj for the money. :smashin:

P.S. bought mine from the states. $1250 with a three year warranty on the bulb! :D

3. Timn

Timn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a demo of an Infocus 4085 yesterday and was "wowed". Further investigation and an email from Neil at Audiovision convinced me to go with the H30A. Just ordered one 10 mins ago from www.audiovisiononline.co.uk. They are doing 1/2 price screen & free ceiling mount bundles. I take delivery on Wed or Thurs ... can't wait! :D :smashin:

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Z3 has dropped in price even further (£850 + extra bulb), so too by the looks of it has the 4805 (£800 new I think I read?). 1K looks a bit pricey for the H30A, especially as the likes of the Z3 is HD ready. Wouldn't surprise me if the H30A was due a price drop. The good value screen/ceiling mount bundle may be the first signs of this...PJ :)

5. paulmc

paulmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my H30a for a few months now paying through a sammy dvd and I am more that happy with it. The picture is always excellent. It does not like close up fast moving pics though they go a bit fuzzy, this seems to be a prob with DLP although on saying that my wife never sees any fuzzyness.

I can see rainbows (prob cos I look for them) but they never ever effect movie watching and again the wife or kids never see any.

If I had to buy again I would still buy the H30a :thumbsup:

6. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If you're not intending to use an HD source. Either from Sky (somewhen in 2006), XBOX 360 (Dec 05), HD-DVD (2006) then the H30A is a great machine. The H30A will still look good with an HD source but won't be in the same league as the Z3 or Panny 700.

If you're just intending to watch DVDs on it, then you're be fine with the H30A but for future proofing I'd go with a native HD Projector.

Personally if your not prone to rainbows and can stretch your budget another £450. The BenQ 7700 I reckon is well worth the extra expense. Best bang for buck DLP machine out there at the moment I reckon.

7. arnie

arnie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The H30a arrived and was set up this weekend and is superb. Many thanks to those of you that contributed and gave me that extra bit of confidence to go do it.
    :smashin: