Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Themescene H30a

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bikerjodie, Jun 13, 2005.

1. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Can anyone help???
    I've just bought a Themescene H30a and electric 5 ft screen, both of which to be ceiling mounted.
    What is the best way to connect them to my Denon adv-m51 surround system, i don't have freeview or digi at all so will need to subscribe or purchase one or the other.
    What would be the best and easist way to have them all working at their optimum?
    I've had the guy in the shop saying VGA cable is the best and to connect a scart splitter to the dvd and freeview, does this mean i need a 10 metre scart cable or VGA cable?
    Please help me!!
    :lease: :suicide:

2. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    As with the above, looking for any help at all to set up my Pj, new to the site and need your expertise in what to do to get the most from my system :confused:

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    bikerjodie

Your DVD player Outputs RGB via SCART and your Projector can Input RGB via its HD15(VGA) connector.

You can either use an HD15(VGA) to HD15(VGA) cable plus the supplied SCART adapter or get a custom SCART to HD15 cable - the later is possibly slightly better as you don't have the adapter in the signal path.

If you add another SCART RGB source (SKY or Freeview) you can simply daisy chain that with the DVD player (the SKY or Freeview boxes have a second SCART socket with a 'pass through' function).

If you require additional SCART RGB sources you can add in a decent SCART switch hub for around £70.00.

Best regards

Joe

4. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for replying Joe
    I'm trying to decipher all that, think i'll print off your reply and go get what i need!!!

thanks again

:smashin: :clap:

5. Catman

Catman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :thumbsup: I have an H30a (excellent PJ), and have used a good quality 10M VGA cable with the supplied adaptors - as Joe suggests. I obtained the VGA cable from one of the sponsors of this forum. Expect to pay about £60.
    I have everything, DVD,VCR, and Freeview box going in to a scart distribution box, and output to either my TV or projector - the results are superb.

6. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I have been using s video cable to connect sky+ box to H30A, it looks pretty good, is rgb scart that much better?

7. Catman

Catman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is Nick (I find that anyway), it is certainly worth getting SCARTed up.