1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

themescene h30 or panasonic ae700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sime, Jul 23, 2005.

1. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi guy/gals
    i currently own a loewe mimo32" tv which i am very happy with the quality of the picture etc :D
    but in two weeks time i am moving house and i am hoping, well i am going to purchase my first projector for around the £1000 mark i have narrowed it down to two .....but my head is doing sumersaults :suicide: the room size is 14ft by 14ft and i only will be using it to watch dvd's any info on which one to get would be great or your views will be appreciated.
    i have read great reviews on them both and know the panasonics is hd ready but i still dont know which way to turn :rotfl: :thumbsup:

2. CYRUStheVIRUS

CYRUStheVIRUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have you taken into account Throw distance (very short usually on Panny's)

I am not a fan of H30, do you notice rainbows?
    I would take your time and plan where you want to put it in the room and then Demo, saves expensive mistakes.
    Cheers John

3. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you don't have any issues with rainbows (in my experience most people don't) and your looking at DVD's only, the H30 might be the best all rounder.

I havent seen an Ae700 but I have seen a friends 500 and I personally didn't think it came anywhere near the performance of my H30 (BTW mines the originall H30).

As Cyrus said you best demo if at all possible then decide which one suits your personal requirements.

4. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks guys it definatly looks like a demo.............................. :D
    would i be better connecting the dvd via a high quality scart or comp leads :thumbsup:

5. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well i have decided to opt for the panasonic ae700 as it is hd ready and now i have just got to wait till move day and then i reckon it will take two weeks decorating before i can set the projector up any tips ...............im also looking into having a 7.1 surround set-up as i have already purchased the speakers(mission) i know the room may be a little crowded but hey i have got an understanding partner and it as just got to be done.........................

6. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
  7. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    not bad , not bad at all .... i see you also got your free spaghetti junction that comes free courtesy of all the home cinema manufactors...............
    i see you have even put some curtians up to add that little bit extra ............what size room is this in? also does the hi defintion live up to the hype and how much difference is there between scart and hd and component in the quality of the broadcasts/images......................ive got loads of questions, sorry!

8. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    HDMI. Get something like the cheap Samsung upscaling player that even comes with an HDMI cable.

9. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    would i benifit from a samsung using the hdmi...as i hear these are not too great or would i be better with a progressive scan dvd untill more companys upgrade to dvd players with hdmi