Theme park (original)

lpoolm

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Maybe a random question, but..
I want the original theme park but want a non linked game, I mean having to play it through something else.
I want to run it on a steam deck so need a pc version but all I can find are playing it through browsers.
Any ideas please?

You can pick it up on GOG cheap and DRM free. Uses DosBox though so not sure how that will work out for you.

Yeah the GoG version is pre-packaged with a windows version of dosbox.

I'd get dosbox-x which an improved version of dosbox with a better GUI, and install that on the steam deck via desktop mode->discover search for dosbox-x or go to this link.

Next you need the the original theme park files, you can download the drm free installer version gog supply and once its installed on windows look in its folder and copy the needed files over to the deck dosbox folder.

Other option
Use Heroic games on steam deck to login to gog account, it will auto pull down theme park for you and try run it through wine/proton, no online connection needed to play or simply copy the files it extracts for use with dosbox-x above (look under home/games/heroic).

Last edited:
If you got dos version you could emulate it with emulation station or retroarch as well. Gog version would work as dos version in emulator

Yeah the GoG version is pre-packaged with a windows version of dosbox.

I'd get dosbox-x which an improved version of dosbox with a better GUI, and install that on the steam deck via desktop mode->discover search for dosbox-x or go to this link.

Next you need the the original theme park files, you can download the drm free installer version gog supply and once its installed on windows look in its folder and copy the needed files over to the deck dosbox folder.

Other option
Use Heroic games on steam deck to login to gog account, it will auto pull down theme park for you and try run it through wine/proton, no online connection needed to play or simply copy the files it extracts for use with dosbox-x above (look under home/games/heroic).
Thanks for the detailed explanation, I will give it a go 👍

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom