1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theatretek observations

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NickBull, Feb 1, 2002.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have things just about sorted. Reverted to the older 7075 ATI drivers and got old SB Live 5.1 drivers although newer ones supposed to be better (but don't install properly).

I watched R1 Tank Girl last night and start of R1 moulin rouge.

TG was a bit jerky, but after trying it on my Sony it was actually the film that was jerky in the pans. Movement as a whole was superior to WinDVD with less that used to annoy me.

Moulin Rouge was a lot better. I watched the Pans and the 'Smells like teen spirit' dance routine and the flying is a lot smoother and easier to follow, the fast editing and movement in the dance routines was better too. On WinDVD it was almost too hard to keep track of the movement, TT is almost perfect.

PQ is better too, colours more seem more solid and the picture three dimensional. The whole think just looks great and for the first time I found myself really ifgnoring the presentation and watching the film and feeling chuffed.

If I can ever get the SB drivers updated then I expect even better motion and pans, on the TT forums people have claimed the new drivers cure stutter problems etc.

One down side, and a dissapointment, is the Lip Sync problems on DTS. DD was fine but a pause or a stop/restart on DTS caused issues!

I'm hoping that new SB drivers may help, but the aim is to go for the M-Audio card.

Nick

2. cg999

cg999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nick

Very useful

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Other things I like about TT, even though it isn't cheap. The support is pretty good, the idea of a forum is very hands, it provides a lot of info and the moderators are the people who wrote it. I got replies withing a few hours, and they are on different time over thre so I was expecting a slight delay.

Shipping wise just go fo the $16 US postal service air mail. It cam in under 5 days and there was a weekend in that!

Picture wise it is great, I am still being more and more impressed with it.

There's more and more people getting this player, so I think that this forum will become a good place to solve TT problems. Most people who have it seem impressed!

Nick