1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theatertek settings?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by esta56, Dec 1, 2003.

1. esta56

esta56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I tried Theatertek out for the first time last night and have to say that I'm impressed, though it did freeze itself (and the whole PC) twice so I had to re-boot which I wasn't expecting I would have to do in XP (unlike my existing PC's ME).

One thing though, the picture seems to come up with standard video settings - brightness, contrast etc. which is pretty bad on my Plasma. I adjusted them while watching a DVD and got a much better picture but as soon as I put in a new DVD, the settings had reverted to the standard ones. Now, I can see that when I put the first DVD back in, Theatertek somehow new the video settings I changed to and displayed it as I had adjusted. So do you have to adjust every single DVD run through Theatertek or is there a global setting to get the default video generally acceptable? I could then fine adjust video for each particular DVD if necessary.

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    "set default" on the video settings tab I seem to to recall.

The standard overlay settings on the latest versions of TT are the ideal ones I believe ( you can find numerous threads on this). That is with a view to display on a CRT type enviroment.

This may indicate that your plasma has been set-up innacurately or has a non-video gamma response.

3. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Hi esta56,
    Set your colour, brightness, contrast, gamma settings to your own taste, then go to configuration, hit the video tab make sure the "use dxva" tab is ticked then click the "set new defaults" tab then apply, your new colour settings etc are now globally set, (the new colour settings are applied to ALL dvd's played), however you can set the colour settings on a per dvd basis by adjusting to suit then applying the "start movie set button" (under the bookmark tab), this will ensure that this dvd will have these new colour settings only.
    Another tweak is to set the deinterlace method to film mode, as the auto setting is quite poor at recognising film & video based dvd's.
    What driver version are you using (i assume your running a Radeon) this is quite important as TT uses the Radeons overlay controls.
    LMK if you need any more help/advice:smoke:
    Cheers.
    Tim.