1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TheaterTek Questions

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by (GTV)Chris, Jul 5, 2002.

1. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Just got TheaterTek for my HCPC.
    I put the MATRIX in and it looked really bad. All highlights were solorised and green?
    I put another DVD in and it looked OK. Both Region 1 disks.
    Is this a faulty disk or is it the software?
    I also noticed that the second disk had slight Ghosting on the head title sequence and wondered if there is something I need to tweak.
    The NTSC disks were a little juddery but I assume this is down to dropping frames?

I have a Radeon VE 32 MB card if this helps.

Cheers

Chris

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    You need to set the overlay properly to start. There are measured settings for some radeon cards, for others you'll need to use your eyes and a test disc. AVIA unfortunately seems to be a bit of a nightmare to navigate with TT....

Juddering will be due to dropping frames probably. Try 60Hz to start for region1 and see if you can get a consistent performance before moving on to 72or48 Hz....

Gordon

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Something really wrong there m8 :confused:

The Matrix, green you say?

Never seen that B4 :D :D :D :D :D

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    I can only add that maybe the ghosting issue could be edge detection. My Region 1 copy of The Phantom Menace has a huge amount of EE. The R2 has much less. If I'd known that I would have goty the R2 copy... anyway, EE adds ghosting to edges to enhance them on smaller screens. Bit of a bummer for those of us with projectors and big screens...

I find 72hz works well for NTSC stuff, and 75 for Pal. Other frequencies could mean that the frame rates won't match up, hence the stuttering you may be seeing. Is the stuttering worse on pan shots or is it always there?

Have you got the on-line patch for TT? It fixes some problems, though I don't know what they are...

Youre 32meg Radeon should be fine and I wouldn't think that'll be your problem. Is it a genuine or 'Powered By' Radeon? I think TT prefers one particular driver set, so it may be worth finding out the best one to use. If it's a non ATI Radeon, the drivers available will be ATI, but specific to your card. It's not always possible to install newer genuine ATI drivers unless you can get them from the cards manufacturer, so installing a certain ATI driver set may be a problem unless someone knows the way to trick the ATI drivers into thinking the card is genuine.

You'll probably be aware that The Matrix has a deliberate green tinge anyway (except the 'real world' shots), but as Gordon said, you've probably got to make some adjustments to remove the solarisation. Is the Gamma set too high?

HTH

Gary