1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TheaterTek Patch 1.5.23 Released :)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mark Grant, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Just in case you might not have noticed, the latest patch for Theatertek is released for download :)

link to theatertek forum

Be brave and install it ;)

Mark.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Downing it now!:smashin:

ED: Installed. I'll give it a run later.

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Wow second Theatertek patch of the day. Wonder what the problem is with .22

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    sound sync issues with audigy cards with .22

5. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    My TheaterTek won't start now.

Dunno why, it only gets to the opening flash-up bit saying version number and do I want it as my primary DVD player. Click 'Ok' then nowt. It's running in the back-ground but doing nothing.

Aargh!

6. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Looking at the comments on the TT forum, I think I'll wait for a couple of weeks and see how things pan out - lots of reports of problems.
    PAul

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    I really think I'll be sticking with 1.2 for quite a while.
    I'm just not prepared to lose the superb stability on my current machine.

8. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Some people have no sense of adventure :p

Actually with all the new stuff combined, DX9, TT 1.5.23, Catalyst 3.1 XPSP1 and the reclocker it works very well. There are some BIG improvements to be had with this stuff. In many ways it beats SDI.

9. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    W2K and an maudio 2496 still seems to have stability issues from what I can gather.

10. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Just re-installed 1.5, which now seems to work fine.

11. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Ok, I took the plunge, TT 1.5.23, DX9 and Reclock - nice, very nice indeed! Troublesome pans now appear to be smooth as glass! Also picked up the TV100 card and installed that as well as DScaler- again looks to be trouble-free and working very nicely. (Still using Cat 2.5 though)

Not too sure about the Fddshow though. Main problem is, my Celeron 1.1 flags a bit when the Dscaler Tomsmo thing is running so I doubt I'd be able to run Fddshow at its best, oh dear, I feel an upgrade coming on :rolleyes:

Might push to a 1.4 Tulatin but I'm loathe to cough up big money for a P4 setup just to run TT. TT doesn't need it and I'm not convinced that Fddshow is a "must have" product.

Anyway, with TT/Reclock, the HTPC looks to be just about at the point where it can't get much better (at least for the next couple of months anyway!)

So just the crt to finanlise then - Gordon, I need ya sooooooon :smashin:

Paul

12. henry1234

henry1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Do you only use TT for DVD playback and would you consider it to be superior to WINDVD Platinium or any other software DVD player.

Is the re-clock straight forward to install?

I ask becuase I'm lazy and just want to put the best DVD player on my HTPC after everyone else has done all the testing.

13. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hi Henry,
    Just for DVD playing and yes, all things considered I do think TT is the best player primarily for the pq and the ongoing support it gets and also as it seemlessly integrates things like aspect ratio control that other players don't do.

ReClock installs easy enough, took a wee while to get it to work the way it should but its working fine now.

HTPC ain't easy Henry, takes a bit of patience and perserverance to get right and even longer to get it perfect (or almost perfect!). I'd ignore everything else and get TT first and slowly build from there. The excellent user forum for TT contains vast amounts of help and information and is worth looking at if you are at all serious about getting an HTPC together;

http://www.theatertek.com/

Have a look and start to learn whats required and what you need to do to get it all running happily together :smashin:

Paul

14. Threadkiller

Threadkiller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do TheaterTek do a trial download? I can't see one. & i'd like to try it b4 spending night on £50.00 to find no improvement

15. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    No, but you have a week to get a refund if you don't like.

16. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie using TT, please feel free to comment. I have follow software, I wonder what combination would be the best and has anyone tried them?

TT with
    Reclock
    reclock +ffdshow
    reclock +ffdshow +powerstrip

At this moment I do not have a PJ, so hence my question as it is very difficult to assess thr pq on 17' monitor. Here is my experience:

BTW, I have done quite a lot of research to improve pq.
    There is no doubt the UI of TT is superb for HTPC, I also find the pq to be superb. After I tried ffdshoow, I noticed a subtle improvement in pq quality, unfortunately pq suffered from stuttering. Checked my CPU usage, sometime it peaked to 100%. I noticed some users in avsforum use reclock and get some improvement with it. Tried turned off the denoise of ffdshow helped, but the stutter compromised the viewing (IMO, TT alone is better than more postproccesing, what do u think). I know that my CPU may be too slow (athlon 1700+)

After numerous reading, still unable to find the answer. Here is my question below

1. Do you think there is an improvement in using ffdshow with TT? if so, please elaborate, how much ?
    2. Do you think there is an improvement in using ffdshow +reclock with TT? if so, please elaborate, how much compare to number 1 ?
    3. 2. Do you think there is an improvement in using reclock with TT? if so, please elaborate, how much compare to number 1 and 2 ?
    4. Which combination is the best?
    5. Karnis mention that the stutter of ffdshow may not be related to CPU speed, but the deniose, what is your experience?
    6. I am unfamiliar with powerstrip, do you still need it if I use TT, is yes, plase explain why? If I use ZP, do, I need powestrip
    7. Various member tried using ZP, I do not want to go into which one is the best. IMO both are equal in pq. If assume that both are in same pq? Why not choose TT? I know some members mentioned with ZP, you have more feature. Can someone tell what feature is missing in TT? I know you can get different audio filter, but what if I do not want to chnage it, what is the advantange of ZP then? Since with the TT patch, you can use reclock +ffdshow, why still use ZP?
    8. Regarding audio filter, which one is superior in your opinion? windvd, power dvd, or cineplayer?
    9. Regarding reclock with TT, since TT lauched in full screen, how do I know reclock in on optimal setting (green colour)?
    10. Lastly, use software as pre-amp, is it possible with what software player (I know it is not possible with TT, no decoding), but what about basic powerdvd xp? Do you need to upgrade to delux as my powerdvd xp, ther is no multi channel audio out? What about Windvd, or do I need windvd platinum? Please explain the different version?

Thanks in advance

17. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Mr.D
    Couldn't you just use Ghost to protect your system. I'm always worried about losing stability with upgrades but I Ghost every time (takes 10 mins) and I can now go back to about 10 different points in my systems development. I haven't needed to yet though. Once I found a decent setup I reinstalled everything from scratch without all the historical and redundant files and it's more stable than ever.

18. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    mayhaps I will