Theatertek Not Allowing Multiregion Play

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Apocalypse, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought Theatertek today and my first DVD in it was a Region 1 disc which it played with no problems. Earlier I tried to play a R2 disc but it wouldn't let me due to the region being different. The drive is an unlocked DVD-ROM Pioneer 106 (I confirmed it was unlocked with DISCInfo).

I did a search on this forum and people reccommended DVD Region Killer (as DVD Genie has no options for Theatertek) but when I try a R2 DVD with Region Killer Theatertek freezes everytime before the DVD gets to the menu (ie after about 5 seconds). I tried restarting but this didn't solve things so I removed the software and tried reloading it but the same thing happened again.

There must be quite a few TT users on here so what do you use to make your PC multiregion?

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'm officially embarrassed :blush:

The region killer icon was in my taskbar so I assumed it was enabled, if I had right clicked it I'd of seen that that's how you enable it, works fine now :blush:

A clear case of RTFM :rolleyes: