Theatertek << multi region ??

J

Jack Bowyer

Hi

I want to buy Theatertek but unsure what program to use to make it multi region ?? (1&2 i want..)

I 've just downloaded DVD Genie but can only see support for ones like WinDVD or PowerDVD etc

I hear Theatertek is one of the best for picture second by WinDVD maybe ???

Can someone help me...
Thanks

Jack

I've always used DVD Genie & TheaterTek.
Never had a problem (after unlocking the DVD drive firmware).

Paul.

Not tried Theatertek but I use AnyDVD from Slysoft.com. Works for all the software I've tried and no need to hack the drive.

I don't use anything for TT - just my firmware hack for the drive itself. I thought TheaterTek was region independent anyway?

When I tried it, it installed it's own region free software so you didn't have to find your own.

Unfortunately it did something to my existing Region Killer software which meant I couldn't watch RCE disks via PowerDVD.

As I couldn't see any difference between PDVD5 and TT, I uninstalled it and got a refund. I had to roll back to before the install date for my system to operate correctly with DVDs again though.

Gary.

Originally posted by Donnacha
I don't use anything for TT - just my firmware hack for the drive itself. I thought TheaterTek was region independent anyway?

Theater Tek is - its your DVD drive that isn't usually.

Thanks for the come-back...
Went for DVD Region Killer in the end - works just fine.

Can anybody tell me what "AutoKiller" does from TheaterTek its in my startup reg ??

Thanks

Jack

I think that's it's own region killer software. It was probably that that caused my RCE problems with PDVD after it was installed.

Gary

autokiller is used to stop dvds that autorun with PCfriendly and other such programs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom