1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TheaterTek 1.5 hanging up my PC!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ziglar, Feb 9, 2003.

1. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I just paid for and installed TheaterTek 1.5 onto my brand new Dell 8200 running XP and it has managed to screw up my computer 18 times out of 20 attempts.

The symptoms are that I run up TT and attempt to play a DVD - the computer will hang and I have to reboot it. The really devasting side effect of this is that my user profile is totally knackered and I have to create another user, log in and the same thing happens all over again (if I don;t create a new user I get a windows error message re a 'corrupt profile').

Has anyone else seen a similar problem.

(It doesn't matter whether I set the Audio output to Stereo or SPDIF)

Thanks

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The only time that I've had hanging problems with Theatreteek it has been down to Region Killer not being turned on after a clean install. In other words its because the region has not been detected or is not valid.

3. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi John, it doesn't seem to matter which region the DVD belongs to - it still hangs up.

BTW I tried your PowerStrip setting from my other thread and I am not sure what to do next. I created a custom resolution using the parameters you defined and I can see it in the custom resolution setting dialog. I have added this sustom resolution and restarted the PC several times. But I don't know how to apply it!! If I right click the desktop to get properties and then settings.; I then select Display 2 which is 'Plug & Play on PowerColor Radeon 9000 Pro - Secondary. I then click on advanced and list all modes and the new customised mode does not appear for selection. What am I doing wrong??

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Okay first the easy one...in thge display properties, you just need to uncheck the box that says "hide resolutions that this monitor does not support"

Have you downloaded and applied the 1.5.18 update patch?

Its hard to know exactly but i think the next thing I would do is try a clean install of it, delete the existing install, check the drive afterwards and delete any folders etc left behind and reboot, reinstall, it will probably use the same codes as before as no hardware has changed.

5. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    TT 1.5 just managed to screw up my registry to the effect that I could not start windows - had to re-install XP and everything else.

Looks like I'll be asking for a refund.

6. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have you tried posting on the Theatretek support forum? I think its worth another shot as its great when it works.