TheaterTeck and Patches/Upgrade Downloads

C

cg999

Hi All

I just received my TT software and would appreciate if anyone could steer me towards the latest patches/downloads for this.

Thanks

Conor

Thanks Dave

I must say that I'm having quite a few problems with this player in just the first hour of using it. My DVDs keep freezing during playback. I think that it may be caused by my sound card, the very troublesome Fortissimo II.

Thanks again, your link is exactly what I was looking for

Conor

I never had any luck with my Fortissimo II. As soon as I changed to M-Audio Audiophile (win98 btw) and did a reinstall of everything, TheaterTek worked flawlessly.

Not much help I know, buy hey!

Note: My home logon name is cg999

Yes it is a help. You have given me purpose. It has made me finally wake up and smell the coffee. My Fortissimo II must go!!!

I have a constant problem with loosing sound if I pause/fast forward-backward and I have to keep clicking Play/Paues to get it back. I also think that it is a contributer to my jerky panning.

I am down to two choices of sound card: MAudio Delta Dio 24/96 or the MAudio Audophile. My sound system is not exactly "High End" (a two year old Marantz £300 amp) so I'm not sure wheather the Audophile would be overkill or not. The Audophile is about twice the price of the Delta Dio. I am borrowing a Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1 for the weekend to see how the system improves.

Thanks again

Conor

BTW Jenz had the same problem with the Fortissimo II and it was he that made me 'wake up and smell the coffee':D

AFAIK the s/pdif sound quality should be the same from all the m-audio sound cards. But it's worth checking. I never found that much of a price difference though. What are the prices you have?

You haven't mentioned which OS you're using - if it's XP then you might be better off looking for an alternative as a few people (including myself on another partition) are having problems with the current drivers. I'm sure it'll be resolved though. Any other OS and you should be fine.

Follow instructions on the http://www.digitalconnection.com site for the most reliable playback.

If the Dio is cheap enough then have a look for info on AVS. I hope it works out for you.

Regards
Alex

I have to upgrade to an M-Audio, saw the DiO24/48 with optical and co-axial digital in/out for £99, is this suitable or is it worth the extra £50 for the Audiophile?

Originally posted by tryingtimes
I never found that much of a price difference though. What are the prices you have?

[/B]

My mistake, there are about the same price with the Delta Dio being slightly more expensive. I would need to go for the Delta Dio as I have no free coaxial input free on my amp...gota go for optical.

Conor

Is the dio the 24/48 version, Digital World have it for £99 including VAT. If this will do the same job as the Audiophile but at a cheaper price I'd be very tempted. It has optical and coaxial inputs and outputs!

Cheers

Nick

Dump the Evil that is the Fortissmo 2 and go to one of the M-Audio Cards.

Job Done. Do yourself a favour.... Get it working then spend three months watching films rather than tweaking...

HCPC: For Films not just for Tweaking

Jenz,

Are all the M-Audio cards suitable? As long as they have S/Pdif passthrough? I don't like the idea of spending a on the Audiophile when I only want to use the digital out.

Nick

Originally posted by NickBull
Jenz,

Are all the M-Audio cards suitable? As long as they have S/Pdif passthrough? I don't like the idea of spending a on the Audiophile when I only want to use the digital out.

Nick

Hi Nick

Check out my other post here: "Have I just thrown away £100" and (if you have the time and brain cells to spare) the link to the same question on the avsforum. From that you can draw your own conclusions

Personally I'm sticking with the delta dio 24/96, by promising myself that it's definately the last thing I'm buing
Conor

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom