Theater Research TR-1611

C

ctorretta

So these are a scam (read:crappy) speakers right? My roommate bought them out of the back of a van for 200 bucks and was going to sell them to me for 400 (such a nice roommate).

I was a little suspicious when they advertise the suppose price (2500) on the box itself, not to mention the fact I had never heard of that brand before. A bit of internet research is hinting towards the fact that the company is a scam (though at least one post said they were cheap chinese knock-offs).

They appear to be sold purely out of the back of vans or ebay, and they have a 'manufactor warrenty' that seems a little suspect.

So I'm sure this was a newbie question, but it would be cool if anybody could give me the lowdown on these speakers. If they're decent, (ie = worth 400) then I'll keep them, but otherwise I'll tell my roommate to just sell them on ebay.

Thanks!

-Colin

ctorretta said:
A bit of internet research is hinting towards the fact that the company is a scam (though at least one post said they were cheap chinese knock-offs).

They appear to be sold purely out of the back of vans or ebay, and they have a 'manufactor warrenty' that seems a little suspect.

That's a name unknown to us in the UK although the same thing happens to us here too with cheap and not so cheap Chinese knock-offs being available through the usual suspect sources.

Caveat Emptor

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom