1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theater Research TR-1611

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ctorretta, Feb 18, 2005.

1. ctorretta

ctorretta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So these are a scam (read:crappy) speakers right? My roommate bought them out of the back of a van for 200 bucks and was going to sell them to me for 400 (such a nice roommate).

I was a little suspicious when they advertise the suppose price (2500) on the box itself, not to mention the fact I had never heard of that brand before. A bit of internet research is hinting towards the fact that the company is a scam (though at least one post said they were cheap chinese knock-offs).

They appear to be sold purely out of the back of vans or ebay, and they have a 'manufactor warrenty' that seems a little suspect.

So I'm sure this was a newbie question, but it would be cool if anybody could give me the lowdown on these speakers. If they're decent, (ie = worth 400) then I'll keep them, but otherwise I'll tell my roommate to just sell them on ebay.

Thanks!

-Colin

2. ctorretta

ctorretta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    That's a name unknown to us in the UK although the same thing happens to us here too with cheap and not so cheap Chinese knock-offs being available through the usual suspect sources.

Caveat Emptor