The Zeitgeist movement and alternative global systems.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bill Hicks, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,590
    Hi all.

I've been taking an active interest recently in alternative systems of global development/management that have the potential to replace the monetary based social political systems that are entrenched in our increasingly corporate led globalised world.

The Zeitgeist Movement Global

Peter Joseph, Zeitgeist Movement Founder on TYT

This (and other movements) are gaining momentum around the world as plausible/functional alternatives for a future based on a resource based economy and replacing our present capitalist free market based system.

I'm not expecting much in the way of sensible responses here but is there anyone who is taking an interest in this increasingly global movement?

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,971
    I looked at the premise but unfortunately it fails my 'two simple rules' test. I've posted this before but it applies to this too.

I trust very few people in a position of power further than I can throw them. The catch is that based on precedent, I trust the people offering me some wonderful solution to whatever malaise is affecting society at the time even less. There are some constants to history that suggest however noble your intentions are, you might as well kick back and do something fun instead.

Constant One Nobody has ever got rid of the 'ruling elite.' At its most profound, history has simply exchanged one elite for another. No change, no matter how positively you see it, will see you any closer to the levers of power or with any greater degree of freedom than a select group say that you have.

Constant Two Something is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. History has also taught us that attempts by societies to distort the value of key items or labour has resulted in a catastrophic reset after a length of time.

There are others but these are immutable. Anyone promising me anything that promises to distort these constants is on an absolute hiding to nothing.

The present system is the least worst that a few thousand years have thrown up. You'll forgive me, but I can't see the next great leap being announced on a sunny Saturday on a web forum.

These are my equivelents of the 'cosmological constant.' Anything that goes against these is almost inevitably doomed to failure

3. Digital Tench

Digital Tench
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +906
    If you want sensible responses OP, post something sensible to comment upon in the first place!

4. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47,659