The (Yet Again) New Flickr....

shotokan101

Ex Member
Reaction score
So what do you all think ? - It's doing my head in TBH :(

I can't think of a good reason for this change :thumbsdow
One always has to adapt to new ways of sharing :thumbsdow
Not that it didn't work before, didn't it ?

C U
Rafael

Try scrolling down on your 'home page' in flickr to reach the feedback links.. every time you think you're at the footer, it loads more results :D

Try scrolling down on your 'home page' in flickr to reach the feedback links.. every time you think you're at the footer, it loads more results :D

Have just read some of the feedback. Every single one was negative. I feel that it's not obvious for what you'd want to do....e.g. share images on this forum for example. I also find the 'right click to view any size' has gone. I used this a lot. I know that you can view an image in different sizes still, but it's a faff to get to it.

The sharing pictures thing does my head in. The sizes are a bit mental and still can't work it out.

So how do you share a photo now that the BBcode thingy has gone?

Test

Ah, so you just copy that stream of babble under the pushpin thingy

Either I'm very unobservant and can't see the difference or I've had the "new" version for a while and have got used to the changes already.

To share you click on the rectangle with the arrow pointing to the top right, click on the drawing pin and pick your size then copy the text - I've had this for ages ?!?

Either I'm very unobservant and can't see the difference or I've had the "new" version for a while and have got used to the changes already.

To share you click on the rectangle with the arrow pointing to the top right, click on the drawing pin and pick your size then copy the text - I've had this for ages ?!?

Yes it became available as a 'beta' - and I looked and thought..sod that, going back. Now we have no choice

I love it, best thing since sliced bread....really! :clap:

To be honest there's isn't that much difference, things are set out a little cleaner in the right sidebar, information is more accessible which I like. It's definitely not any worse than before.

waaaay too much wasted space on the right sidebar when viewing a shot :(

TBH.. I am of the same opinion about Flickr Site changes as to the AVF site changes... at first, we will not like the change until we have started using the site..

I'm slowly getting used to the changes, I now where to find the forum code for inserting images so that's all fine and dandy. The best that can be said for the new interface is that it loads the photos a bit faster.

I still have problems consistently getting the right size of inline image link.... :(

Flickr has never been the same since the original layout - loading times were snappy and navigation easy.

Flickr has never been the same since the original layout - loading times were snappy and navigation easy.
I've only been using it since the last version. One thing that really bugs me is that if you do a general search for photos and start to browse through them, one it takes ages to load the next 'batch' as you scroll down, but most annoyingly if you click an image to view it full screen and then go back to the 'search' page it takes you back to the top so you have to scroll through again and wait for them to keep loading again :mad: Has it always been this way?

...of course they might be thinking "that's what open in now tab" is for ? :devil:

...and in IE11 it doesn't "work that way for me" ;) - back arrow takes me back to where I was previously if I have clicked through...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom