The Xbox One General Chat thread

CAS FAN

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
We've had quite a few specific topic threads stray recently so the idea of this thread is to keep all general chat and those discussions that just tend to run and run and crop up in every thread (yes I'm looking at you Xbox v Playstation). A thread like this works very successfully in the PC forum so I thought it was worth a go.

It would also give mods a place to move off topic discussions which arise in other more specific threads, therefore keeping those posts, whilst maintaining the smooth running of the specific threads.

I'd say that any topic should be fair game in here and it gives this specific community a place to discuss anything they like...rather than having to move to the general chat forum (which tends to have a different bunch of members posting).

I'd say that any topic should be fair game in here and it gives this specific community a place to discuss anything they like

On that note, I'm off for a poo. :D

Seriously, will be interesting to see how this goes. It's not the first time it's been tried (and shut down), but the fact that the PC one has been successful sets a good precedent.

Exactly, it's worth another shot as to be honest that seems to be the main thread that folk post in on the PC Forums. Should lead to a tidier and easier to read forums.

Great idea. For me the XB1 is now starting to live up to its potential. I'll be really interested to see how much of a performance increase we get with the update that's rolling out today. The PS4 may have better hardware, but MS are the masters of software and I'm now expecting the new SDK to start and take advantage of the custom XB1 hardware. Hopefully it'll close the gap and we can put resolutiongate behind us.

I do think a lot of people on the internet have been stirred up by the press and their focus on 1080p. I don't give a monkeys how many pixels are on screen myself, if it looks good it looks good, but I'm more interested in how the games play and in that regard we've had (and have got) a couple of crackers recently. I've really enjoyed Plants vs Zombies. No idea how many pixels it's pushing, but it's damn fun and TitanFall has generated the kind of buzz I haven't seen in a long time. If MS have any sense they'll throw huge amounts of money at Respawn to keep it an XBox and PC exclusive. From Respawn's point of view it's going to depend on how quickly they can grow the studio as to how many other platforms they want to take on, that and what their turn around is going to be on the next game.

Most anticipated thing for me isn't TitanFall, it's getting my stereo headset adaptor (hopefully on Friday if Game have stock). I've really missed gaming through a proper headset. I've had to have sound coming through the TV and keep the volume down low so it doesn't wake the wife. From Friday I'll be able to turn the soundbar off and crank up the headset :thumbsup:

Yeah I think that post Titanfall it will be interesting as MS need to keep the buzz about the XB1 going. I'm sure that the user experience will keep on improving and if they can keep a steady stream of big exclusive games coming then hopefully it will start to match the PS4 sales. I'm also looking forward to the update so that I can use my Astro A50's properly on the XB1. Will have to check if the connector is out yet.

Must admit it's great having DD through optical since that update. All I need now is the adapter for chat (don't like using Kinect for in-game chat, too much going on around me that it picks up) and I'll be set for Titanfall.

Yeah I think that post Titanfall it will be interesting as MS need to keep the buzz about the XB1 going. I'm sure that the user experience will keep on improving and if they can keep a steady stream of big exclusive games coming then hopefully it will start to match the PS4 sales. I'm also looking forward to the update so that I can use my Astro A50's properly on the XB1. Will have to check if the connector is out yet.
In regards to the PS4 sales, don't forget the XB1 is only out in limited territories. When it launches everywhere (not sure when that is) it may make up a lot of that lost ground. I'm not saying it'll catch up totally or overtake the PS4 sales, there is still the perception that the XB1 is the weaker console. When it came to the 360 vs PS3 it didn't really hurt the 360 much that it was the weaker console. It launched a year earlier and was easier to develop for. This time round they launched at the same time (in certain territories it'll be launching behind this time) and if anything the XB1 is the harder to develop for this time round. I'm just hoping that this new SDK that they're releasing addresses the memory management. Getting the best of the XB1 hardware is all tied in with getting the eSRAM working efficiently. From what I've read this new SDK will handle the memory management for the developers so they should start to get more out of the console.

You're right, I haven't really looked beyond TitanFall to what exclusives MS have further down the line. For me the next game I'm really interested in is Destiny, but that's a multi-plat. I'll be interested to see what's announced at E3. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive sound promising but I've no idea on when they're going to launch.

In regards to the PS4 sales, don't forget the XB1 is only out in limited territories. When it launches everywhere (not sure when that is) it may make up a lot of that lost ground. I'm not saying it'll catch up totally or overtake the PS4 sales, there is still the perception that the XB1 is the weaker console. When it came to the 360 vs PS3 it didn't really hurt the 360 much that it was the weaker console. It launched a year earlier and was easier to develop for. This time round they launched at the same time (in certain territories it'll be launching behind this time) and if anything the XB1 is the harder to develop for this time round. I'm just hoping that this new SDK that they're releasing addresses the memory management. Getting the best of the XB1 hardware is all tied in with getting the eSRAM working efficiently. From what I've read this new SDK will handle the memory management for the developers so they should start to get more out of the console.

You're right, I haven't really looked beyond TitanFall to what exclusives MS have further down the line. For me the next game I'm really interested in is Destiny, but that's a multi-plat. I'll be interested to see what's announced at E3. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive sound promising but I've no idea on when they're going to launch.

This is true, I guess the PS4 stock is in low supply as they are servicing more territories. MS need to get it released everywhere to be honest.

In other news, it looks like my XB1 is updating as we speak :).

Fantastic! Netflix is now working without any stutter! Tried it on Ghostbusters and Dexter (both were stuttering badly before) and it's perfect. Chuffed!

On that note, I'm off for a poo. :D

Seriously, will be interesting to see how this goes. It's not the first time it's been tried (and shut down), but the fact that the PC one has been successful sets a good precedent.

Dont forget to wipe properly Frank. Nothing ruins a man`s day more than a half-arsed (pardon the pun) attempt at wiping. :rotfl:

Hopefully the thread can be a place for some light-hearted chat and banter. I`m still missing some of my xbox homies so I thought i`d pop in and say hi and try my best not to show too much envy for TitanFall. As long as some of you make it your duty to shoot Tones in the face I`ll sleep easy at night :thumbsup:

This is true, I guess the PS4 stock is in low supply as they are servicing more territories. MS need to get it released everywhere to be honest.

In other news, it looks like my XB1 is updating as we speak :).
You lucky swine. Won't be able to switch mine on 'till much later tonight. Were you on the beta or is the proper update for us regular folks?

Good idea for this thread Cas, hopefully it can stick to being about the Xbox One and not turn into a "which one is better" debate.

It's great to see MS rolling out these updates to improve on an already great product. Long may it continue as it did with the 360, I'm sure by the end of the year we'll see a totally different user experience.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the One Guide being released over here, as someone who has my tv playing through the console, this would really complete this for me.

Does anyone know when a media remote is being released for the One? Update below.

Just been on Amazon and pre-ordered the official Xbox One media remote for £19.99, release date 4th April.

So can we bash the PS4 in here then without having our posts deleted ??

I mean thats how it works right, you can slag off the other console just not in its section right ??

Good idea for this thread Cas, hopefully it can stick to being about the Xbox One and not turn into a "which one is better" debate.

It's great to see MS rolling out these updates to improve on an already great product. Long may it continue as it did with the 360, I'm sure by the end of the year we'll see a totally different user experience.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the One Guide being released over here, as someone who has my tv playing through the console, this would really complete this for me.

Does anyone know when a media remote is being released for the One? Update below.

Just been on Amazon and pre-ordered the official Xbox One media remote for £19.99, release date 4th April.

Completely agree about the One Guide, watching TV through my XB1 was a big selling point for me.

Have you looked at the Logitech Harmony remotes? I have a 650 which I got for around £40 and it controls my TV, Sky box and Xbox1. I couldn't do without it now :)

So can we bash the PS4 in here then without having our posts deleted ??

I mean thats how it works right, you can slag off the other console just not in its section right ??

One would suggest it depends who is ahem looking after any particular areas

hopefully it can stick to being about the Xbox One and not turn into a "which one is better" debate.

No debate needed, PS4 is better.
Read pretty much any thread or sub section in either sections and its universal PS4 is better. Some games have more pixels and it has better hardware so obviously PS4 wins.

Even when you try and have that debate that gets deleted as OT, slag off the other console though all you want. Turn every discussion into a Pixel war and that is all good. Constantly post in the section educating people what is the better console and that is fine also. Also make sure to give the X1 a little praise....just a tiny bit but then go on about how much better the other console is. That's fine also.
Just say its a joke and add a smiley and it will be fine.

You lucky swine. Won't be able to switch mine on 'till much later tonight. Were you on the beta or is the proper update for us regular folks?
This is the proper update. I had my name put forward for the beta, but didn't get anything back.

No debate needed, PS4 is better.
Read pretty much any thread or sub section in either sections and its universal PS4 is better. Some games have more pixels and it has better hardware so obviously PS4 wins.

Even when you try and have that debate that gets deleted as OT, slag off the other console though all you want. Turn every discussion into a Pixel war and that is all good. Constantly post in the section educating people what is the better console and that is fine also. Also make sure to give the X1 a little praise....just a tiny bit but then go on about how much better the other console is. That's fine also.
Just say its a joke and add a smiley and it will be fine.
To be fair that happens both sides of the fence. I go into one forum and find myself feeling the need to defend one console, then go into the other and find myself feeling the need to defend the other.

Both as great consoles with different strengths and IMO you really have to own and live with both to understand the benefits of each. Before my xb1 purchase I wasn't a huge fan and it's an awful console to judge after a couple of quick goes. Upon owning one, I've really come to like it.

As mentioned above, I'm also looking forward to the One guide coming online for us in the uk. Having Sky fully integrated into the console in that way would be perfect for me. Am I right in saying that where as at the moment I still have to use the guide on the sky box directly, once the one guide is running, I would use the guide running on the one? My harmony remote may well do it all then, where as at the moment I have to keep switching the remote back to sky box to change channels and then back to Xbox to control stuff on the Xbox. If the one guide allows that then that really would be a game changer for me and I would use the Xbox one for TV, Netflix, Amazon Video, You Tube and games. The other two consoles would be used just for games then.

To be fair that happens both sides of the fence. I go into one forum and find myself feeling the need to defend one console, then go into the other and find myself feeling the need to defend the other.

Both as great consoles with different strengths and IMO you really have to own and live with both to understand the benefits of each. Before my xb1 purchase I wasn't a huge fan and it's an awful console to judge after a couple of quick goes. Upon owning one, I've really come to like it.
Haha, Cas is starting to feel my pain.

And each side swears up and down they don't do it.

Haha, Cas is starting to feel my pain.

And each side swears up and down they don't do it.
I know, it's funny really. You know which people are on which side and when you read their posts they basically slag off the other console, under a thinly veiled disguise which looks like they are praising it on one hand.

Both sides are just as bad. There are a few neutral posters, but most have a heavy bias. To be honest my bias was clearly towards the PS4 until I actually bought the XB1, so I can understand it. I do still prefer the PS4 overall, but only just if I'm honest. There's not much in it for me now. If the one guide comes together well then that could swing the balance.

I don't understand why you would ever feel the need to defend a console though, what does it matter what some text on a screen says to you? Folk get awfy attached to things, just enjoy what you've got

Its hilarious, weird thing is I have not read anyone posting about slagging off the PS4.

My point is pointless anyway so time for me to forget about it and move on and get back to playing games.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom