The Xbox One General Chat thread

It was easier before as soon as you selected manage game and add-ons were everything was already in a list of installed, ready to install save game etc. now you have to go through another two menus just to get a list of what installed and not installed

dont know why Microsoft thinks adding more steps to doing something is streamlining

Been using the new dash for a while, as my Day One console is in the alpha preview, but my One X got the release build this week and I still don't see the point of the larger panels when managing games, causing more scrolling than before, or the extra click to get to manage game and add-ons.

It was easier before as soon as you selected manage game and add-ons were everything was already in a list of installed, ready to install save game etc. now you have to go through another two menus just to get a list of what installed and not installed

dont know why Microsoft thinks adding more steps to doing something is streamlining
I also dont like the font change that everything has now

You're starting to sound like me.

Before, you had to go into Games & Apss, press the menu button on the game and select manage. Then there were sub menus for installed, ready to install and saves.
Now, installed and ready to install are bundled together.
You can see all items in one place rather than hoping between menus to see installed and ready to install.

Turned console on today to see the dash has changed slightly, in particular the font, do these updates occur in the background or something as I didn't get a prompt to update Xbox, and I played on my Xbox yesterday and I keep my Xbox in energy saver mode.
In any case looks much nicer.

There is an option to update the console when not in use, but I thought it only applied to instant-on mode.

There is an option to update the console when not in use, but I thought it only applied to instant-on mode.

Yeah must of downloaded it while I was playing on the console the day before and then applied it when I turned it on today, as I don’t use instant on.

What have they done to the Xbox phone App?!? Just opened it and looks like they’ve chopped loads of the content. I can’t see achievements anywhere and the link to the Store has gone too.

Yeah, that’s pretty rubbish!

The store and achievements were the main reason I used it and now neither appear to be there. Hope they put them back.

Just submitted a 1 star review saying it’s rubbish now they’ve took stuff out. Don’t suppose it’ll make any difference, but you never know.

What have they done to the Xbox phone App?!? Just opened it and looks like they’ve chopped loads of the content. I can’t see achievements anywhere and the link to the Store has gone too.
The Beta app has been like that for a while now, guessing the feedback was good, we they've rolled it out.
Hit the search button and it will search for what you want on the store

The Beta app has been like that for a while now, guessing the feedback was good, we they've rolled it out.
Hit the search button and it will search for what you want on the store

Which is all well and good, if you know what you’re looking for but I’d often just browse the new release, or add on, or coming soon section.

I’ve read elsewhere they’re planning to add achievements back in to a future update. Preferred the Store in the old version.

I thought I would make sure my old Xbox One is downloading 4K game content in preparation for moving the external hard drive to the Series X, like you could do ahead of the One X release, but the download 4K option has gone. I saw the 4K content tick box recently as well, but it's no longer there. My normal One is in the alpha preview.

It used to be in Settings > System > Backup & transfer > Download 4K game content.

I cross referenced some game sizes on my One with the X Enhanced version on my One X and they were the same, but when I view all games on my One to check and change the filters, there is no X Enhanced filter option.

Doesn't seem to be much talk about the 4K option missing when I've searched. I wonder if they've just defaulted the keep games and apps up to date option to include 4K content now.

Can someone tell me the procedure for switching to xbox x to series x, Im not selling my xbox x yet, but do I just disconnect my usb drive will all my games, sign out, and then do a full system reset?

Is it ok to connect/disconnect a usb drive with games on while the Xbox one is on?

Why is the Xbox so temperamental with downloads?! I'm trying to update some games on the One X and initially they max out our 200 Mbps down service, then drop to single digit speeds, it's even dipping into Kbps speeds right now. It may go up to double digits if we're lucky. Meanwhile, other devices in the house can access the full bandwidth. Other than the laptop I'm writing this post on and the One X, nothing else in the house is consuming bandwidth.

Why is the Xbox so temperamental with downloads?! I'm trying to update some games on the One X and initially they max out our 200 Mbps down service, then drop to single digit speeds, it's even dipping into Kbps speeds right now. It may go up to double digits if we're lucky. Meanwhile, other devices in the house can access the full bandwidth. Other than the laptop I'm writing this post on and the One X, nothing else in the house is consuming bandwidth.
It's a MS problem. I filled my PS5 SSD - 800gb - in a couple of hours - getting 900mbs. For the Xbox Series X, despite the speed test giving me over 1000mbs, struggles to get about 50-100 a lot of the time.

It's so frustrating with the size of downloads and when you know your broadband service is working as advertised.

Edit: 4K YouTube on the laptop playing and buffering ahead no problem. Master Chief Collection 41.52 GB update downloading on the One X in the Kbps range.

Last edited:
Hi, not sure if this is the best place to put this but I've recently started playing Forza Horizon 4 using game pass and if I choose the DLC in game, I'm presented with the following screen

IMG_20201122_171130998.jpg

Any ideas why I'm being shown a free and a £5.99 cost for the DLC? I don't game share or anything like that and have only recently gone back to Xbox after buying a series S after having not used an Xbox since the Xbox 360.

The Xbox store

Further to previous about how terrible the new app is, has anyone found a good way to browse the online store and see what’s available

I had the inclination to go back to some of my previous 360 titles to maybe mop up achievements etc. so wanted to see what’s available and it’s just a nightmare, or so it seems

Would love an easy way to properly browse the store in iPad
Even the “my games” part of the website seems to have disappeared now

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom