The Xbox One General Chat thread

The new app is pretty pointless.

No achievements section and no store.

Yes, you can search for a game by name if you know what you’re looking for, no good if you just want to browse and see what’s about though.

Even if it’s something you might want to buy, it’ll let you download it, but it doesn’t tell you the bloody price! Presumably you download and when you go to play it, it diverts you to the store so you can buy it?

Great idea to let you download it first though, if you’ve bought it on disc and you can have it ready to go when the disc arrives, but other than that seems pretty pointless.

Don’t use the app at all now, whereas before I used to be on it all the time.

They've really messed up the Xbox mobile app with its new design and less features than before. It's slow and clunky to use as well.

I see there was an update today, I thought they might have put back some useful stuff, but no such like. But hey we can now alter our gamer pics from our phones 😂

I'm having a problem with my Xbox One X and playing CoD Black Ops Cold War. Twice I've booted it up and I get to the main screen with the red telephone. It says press A (so I can get to the main game menu). I press it and nothing happens. Then it sort of freezes and then turns my Xbox off.

Does anybody know what's going on? It looks like CoD is crashing my One X....

I'm reluctant to try it again as I don't want it to brick the console.

I'm having a problem with my Xbox One X and playing CoD Black Ops Cold War. Twice I've booted it up and I get to the main screen with the red telephone. It says press A (so I can get to the main game menu). I press it and nothing happens. Then it sort of freezes and then turns my Xbox off.

Does anybody know what's going on? It looks like CoD is crashing my One X....

I'm reluctant to try it again as I don't want it to brick the console.
Have you tried holding down the power button to do a full system reboot and trying?
Alternatively unplug the Xbox from the power supply for 5 minutes. These are all things that Xbox support have told me to do in previously and they have worked

Can anyone recommend a good SSD external drive? I did buy one of the PNY ones on Amazon when they were cheap, but it is causing me issues. It crashes the Xbox regularly and sometimes has to be unplugged and plugged back in.
I would need a 1TB minimum. I saw an advert for a WD Black SSD which is apparently designed for gaming, are they worth it as they aren't cheap, or are they a gimmick?

My PNY 1TB drive is in a USB 3 caddy, could that be the issue?

Worth trying another enclosure?
I went for a SanDisk SSD and USB 3 enclosure and not had any issues with my one x and now my Series X.
I have a Seagate drive in another enclosure, I will swap them over and try it. The PNY SSD in my laptops have been brilliant

My xbox (one S) is doing my head in. Not used it in ages and when I turned it on it needed an update. Now every time I power it up, I have to manually reconnect to my network. Grrrr. Worked perfectly before the update.

My xbox (one S) is doing my head in. Not used it in ages and when I turned it on it needed an update. Now every time I power it up, I have to manually reconnect to my network. Grrrr. Worked perfectly before the update.

Do a full reboot after the update. Hold down power button for 10/15 seconds and then unplug power cable and then try again.

Anyone any idea what tethering is like on Xbox one? Will download speeds be slow? A friend of mine has unlimited data on his mobile and wants to use this as a hotspot.

Haven't been here for ages but still manage to fit in a bit of Phoenix Point now and then on my Xbox One X.

Quick question - is it worth getting the Series X for the GTA V upgrade? I can see a Fallout 4 upgrade coming and that might be enough to tip me over the edge anyway. Pretty happy with my One X in truth and its so dinky!

Haven't been here for ages but still manage to fit in a bit of Phoenix Point now and then on my Xbox One X.

Quick question - is it worth getting the Series X for the GTA V upgrade? I can see a Fallout 4 upgrade coming and that might be enough to tip me over the edge anyway. Pretty happy with my One X in truth and its so dinky!
I think the One X still holds up incredibly well. The immediate thing that will stick out with the upgrade is the gigantic speed benefit. I’d be bullshitting if I said I thought there was a ‘dramatic’ visual difference between the Xbox One X to Series X. Many games do run at 60fps, such as GTA V’s next-gen release which will be an additional standalone purchase - whether that’s worth it or not to you will depend on how bothered you are by the plethora of 30fps experiences on last-gen.

Worth noting though is more the next-gen transition, it seems the recent Resident Evil 4 Remake may be the initial sign of Xbox One support coming to an end. You can’t play this game on any Xbox One.

I feel pretty qualified to answer this! I went back to GTA V at the start of the year on Xbox One X(on disc) and then moved to Series X and continued using the DIsc Xbox One version and it played absolutely fine.
Then my mate finally bought GTA after telling him to do so for ages and we couldn't play togehter (because he had the Optimised for Series X version and therefore we were on different versions. )
As a result I bought online only for the Series X version which was on sale at £9 at the time. Graphics obviously improved but I'm not mind-blown by it. 60fps up from 30 is always nice and yes the graphics are decently better. If you have the One X version and don't plan on playing with anyone on the Series X version then you'll be fine saving your money.

If it goes on sale to £9 again then I'd grab it, but certainly wouldn't pay full price for it.

The full version(including story mode) was around £33 at the time hence I didn't buy the full version. I haven't played single player since then (which would have to be back on the One X version) but I'm sure I'll still manage perfectly fine even with the downgrade in graphics.

While I'm here; because I'm playing GTA V I think I need to buy a headset. How are people finding the official wireless headset, and do they use it with a PC, too? I'll be using it for both the Xbox and then PC via discord for chat and the £20 dongle to connect to PC.

I feel pretty qualified to answer this! I went back to GTA V at the start of the year on Xbox One X(on disc) and then moved to Series X and continued using the DIsc Xbox One version and it played absolutely fine.
Then my mate finally bought GTA after telling him to do so for ages and we couldn't play togehter (because he had the Optimised for Series X version and therefore we were on different versions. )
As a result I bought online only for the Series X version which was on sale at £9 at the time. Graphics obviously improved but I'm not mind-blown by it. 60fps up from 30 is always nice and yes the graphics are decently better. If you have the One X version and don't plan on playing with anyone on the Series X version then you'll be fine saving your money.

If it goes on sale to £9 again then I'd grab it, but certainly wouldn't pay full price for it.

The full version(including story mode) was around £33 at the time hence I didn't buy the full version. I haven't played single player since then (which would have to be back on the One X version) but I'm sure I'll still manage perfectly fine even with the downgrade in graphics.

While I'm here; because I'm playing GTA V I think I need to buy a headset. How are people finding the official wireless headset, and do they use it with a PC, too? I'll be using it for both the Xbox and then PC via discord for chat and the £20 dongle to connect to PC.
I'd only be interested in the story mode because I don't do online gaming (who has the time?!). So the story mode looks a fair bit better I imagine with the Series X graphics upgrade? One and One X version is really looking its age now but I'd definitely be tempted to play it again with better graphics (and frame rate).

I'd only be interested in the story mode because I don't do online gaming (who has the time?!). So the story mode looks a fair bit better I imagine with the Series X graphics upgrade? One and One X version is really looking its age now but I'd definitely be tempted to play it again with better graphics (and frame rate).
As I say I bought only the Online version for Series X so can't comment on the Story Mode :(

Also being single at 30 means I get lotsa time for online gaming :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom