The X360: God's gift to Media Lovers

TheFreeJaffa

Apart from the squeaky controller (which I'm getting replaced), I love this console, especially how it can be used as a media box over a wireless network (especially after learning how to convert DivX to WMF). No longer will I need to watch downloaded 'content' on my laptop's 15" screen, when I can watch it on the 32" Toshiba.

Its a nice DVD player too, IMO. I watched Serenity via the 360 the other night and I swear it looked better on the 360 then it did on my Pioneer DVD player. I thought maybe the 360 was upscaling the video until I learned otherwise. Despite the noise generated by the console, I still enjoyed the film. Can't wait to get my hands on the HD-DVD unit.

Its a good CD player too, and as I type, its showing slideshows of content for my website, cult-tvbabes.com - nuff said. :devil:

Well done, Microsoft. :smashin:, and I hope to be trashing you all soon at PGR3 :devil: (.....actually, it will probably be me sniffing exhaust fumes but there you go!)

TEVEZ032

Banned
Apart from the squeaky controller (which I'm getting replaced), I love this console, especially how it can be used as a media box over a wireless network (especially after learning how to convert DivX to WMF). No longer will I need to watch downloaded 'content' on my laptop's 15" screen, when I can watch it on the 32" Toshiba.

Its a nice DVD player too, IMO. I watched Serenity via the 360 the other night and I swear it looked better on the 360 then it did on my Pioneer DVD player. I thought maybe the 360 was upscaling the video until I learned otherwise. Despite the noise generated by the console, I still enjoyed the film. Can't wait to get my hands on the HD-DVD unit.

Its a good CD player too, and as I type, its showing slideshows of content for my website, cult-tvbabes.com - nuff said. :devil:

Well done, Microsoft. :smashin:, and I hope to be trashing you all soon at PGR3 :devil: (.....actually, it will probably be me sniffing exhaust fumes but there you go!)
Have you played any games on it yet?

g

T

teamsuperstar

i noticed the other day that the dvd playback is pretty good, can't really hear the drive. way better than my other dvd player

Praxidike

Banned
Yep, 360s are amazing. And you won't hear me praising Microsoft often.

And for what it's worth, the things you mention are the best bits of a PSP - everything other than the games. Except in the 360's case, the games are even better than all the media stuff!

Sandman

Distinguished Member

QUOTE]

If you are connected using VGA then it will be upscaling.

frenchie0101

Novice Member
gotta say the 360 is a god send with the media centre, how cool it is to have your libary of films on your tv all streaming from the pc, fantastic!!!!!!

TheFreeJaffa

Have you played any games on it yet?

g
Oddly, yes. :D

I got PGR3 and GoW with the Xbox and 2 wireless controllers for £299 from Play.Com. My wireless adapter only arrived today so up until now I've been trying to race the Xbox off the track in PG3 (and failing miserably, until 2am this morning). Barely got going with Gow, I really needed some sleep by then.

Can't be asked to upgrade my PC again. Bloody nightmare last time, with a faulty graphics card being ordered, and then replaced with a new one which eventually needed a more powerful PSU. I can't even close the case now (long story). After all that nonsense, buying a 360 seemed like a good choice for non-hassle game playing and media playback, and I'm somewhat a fan of Microsoft anyway (programming their way pays my wages).

TheFreeJaffa

QUOTE]

If you are connected using VGA then it will be upscaling.
I'm connecting via a HD component lead. At the moment, I'm happy with the image quality (until my bank balance recovers after Xmas, and then I'll go after the HD-DVD drive :) ).

bisoner

Novice Member
Yep, 360s are amazing. And you won't hear me praising Microsoft often.
Spot on. The more I use my console the more I realise how good it really is. I got mine at launch and am enjoying it more now than ever on so many levels.

Note, I've been a PC gamer for too long but no more. PC gaming is just too expensive and the lack of decent games this year has just shown it's an industry in decline.

S

SquintingBadger

I think the DVD playback is very poor. Funnily enough I was testing just this this afternoon. My Denon DVD player looks far superior - like night and day - by comparison. This was component vs HDMI btw, and it is an upscaling DVD player.
I also lost the menu bar that pops up when you press a button on one DVD. Had to turn it off at that point.
The 32x ffwd is nice though (Disney, I'm looking at you).

TEVEZ032

Banned
Oddly, yes. :D

I got PGR3 and GoW with the Xbox and 2 wireless controllers for £299 from Play.Com. My wireless adapter only arrived today so up until now I've been trying to race the Xbox off the track in PG3 (and failing miserably, until 2am this morning). Barely got going with Gow, I really needed some sleep by then.

Can't be asked to upgrade my PC again. Bloody nightmare last time, with a faulty graphics card being ordered, and then replaced with a new one which eventually needed a more powerful PSU. I can't even close the case now (long story). After all that nonsense, buying a 360 seemed like a good choice for non-hassle game playing and media playback, and I'm somewhat a fan of Microsoft anyway (programming their way pays my wages).
yeah, my PC needs an upgrade, but with the new cards on the way (and more than twice the cost of the 360!) i'm sticking to the xbox for now as well.

cheers
g

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom