The X-Files: Fight the Future - I Want to Believe (Blu-ray Steelbook)

dombards

Purchase links: Sainsbury's - Zavvi

Release date: 02/09/2013

392878d1367005596-x-files-steelbook-10800278-1366890913-90182.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyHorse

UK Blu-ray debut for the first film ('bout time too!). I wonder if it'll have all the extras off the US disc?

dombards

The prices of certain titles just dont make sence. Plus with all the 2nd prints that seem to crop up it sometimes seem pointless to buy first time around.

BUT like most things the ones you think wll get a 2nd release and dont order suddenly turn into rocking horse poo and prices get Ridiculous

Doctor Hades

The second movie was utterly mediocre and forgettable, it pains me to say that as a fan of The X-Files series, but the first one wasn't too bad. I will definitely buy the steelbook to have Fight for the Future on BD at long last.

It's a September release though and my current credit card expires in a couple of months so will the order still be accepted or does Zavvi allow you to update you credit card details for all outstanding orders? I actually have the same problem with Sainsbury's where I pre-ordered Lifeforce on BD at £19 and cancelled my £21 Amazon order but that isn't out while October. Obviously, I want to pre-order to ensure that I get my copy.

Last edited:

Ripley18711

Distinguished Member

The Ringmaster

Do I want this? Umm... no! Was I ever a huge fan of X-Files? Umm... no! Do I have any of the TV series on any format? Umm... no!

Cannot justify buying every steelbook that appears!

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Release of Fight the Future is a surprise and taken 5 years. I gave in to the Region A version ages ago. I assume it will be direct port.

This was a post back in 2008 on the blog of Frank Spotnitz.

It's no bother, but I wish I had better news for you. The studio checked again and it turns out there are no plans to release “Fight the Future” on Blu-Ray in the U.K. It's one of the few territories where the film is not being released with “I Want To Believe.” We'll let you know if the situation changes,

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Awesome news. Loved the x-files.
Amazon should have this up shortly

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Easy pass for me. Not a fan and way overpriced.

Attachments

• 10800278-1366890913-90182.jpg
    10800278-1366890913-90182.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,118
Last edited:

featherhall

Distinguished Member

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Complete artwork :)

Attachments

• xfiles1.jpg
    xfiles1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 122
  • xfiles3.jpg
    xfiles3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 246
  • xfiles2.jpg
    xfiles2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 205

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Thanks, trying to get the threads updated but it looks like Greg is busy tonight. It's such a pain when I can't get to a computer to create new threads, makes it much more difficult to update as details become available. Oh well.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Thanks, trying to get the threads updated but it looks like Greg is busy tonight. It's such a pain when I can't get to a computer to create new threads, makes it much more difficult to update as details become available. Oh well.

Yeah hurry up Greg :p, my OCD kicks in when threads are not presented in line with the uniformed layout of the other threads :laugh:

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Artwork is beautiful. Definite purchase. Loved the first movie. 2nd was only ok

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Good to see Scully on top ;-)

replicant81

well this might be the nail in the complete collection coffin for good - 18 notes for movies based on a tv show i could never get into.

well farewell to the completist in me - steelbooks are officially uncool, over saturated and just not fun anymore.

Doctor Hades

Will never shell out another penny for the terrible sequel.

It's watchable but utterly average, which is something I thought I'd ever say about the X-Files. I'd happily have paid £18 for Fight for the Future on BD nevermind a steelbook so I see my Sainsbury's pre-order as including the sequel for free. :devil:

To this day though, I still don't know what possessed Chris Carter to make a sequel that was totally unconnected with the alien invasion plot. I'm sure every X-Files fan wanted to see what happened on 22nd December 2012 (now past history), the date that the invasion was due to start and whether Mulder and Scully could do anything to stop it. Instead we got some bizarre paedophile/transsexual-type storyline that would have made for a forgettable TV episode but was even poorer stretched to movie length. The last movie's only redeeming feature was Mulder and Scully but even they looked tired and bored (not to mention much older-looking).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution