Quantcast

The X Files: Fight The Future Blu-ray Review

The News Bot

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Cas Harlow, 22nd January 2009
Marking a superb TV to Big Screen transition, this grand Hollywood X-Files adaptation may not have given fans much closure, but it certainly proved accessible and enjoyable to avid followers and newcomers alike, and was definitely a high point in the X-Files’ history. Duchovny and Anderson too fare well on the Big Screen, and it is a very different – and equally worthy – X-Files movie when compared to the sequel. On Blu-ray the video does its best but is still not quite up to scratch, the audio is definitely punchy, but goes for power over finesse, and the extras are numerous and substantive enough to entertain fans for hours. This is good, entertaining X-Files action, and comes recommended to fans and newcomers alike.
Read the full review...

ShadowTD

I think you meant 'Vulcan' in the review, not Klingon. ;)

I was a big fan of the series but found 'I want to believe' dreadful. Hope things can get back on track with this offering.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I was a big fan of the series but found 'I want to believe' dreadful. Hope things can get back on track with this offering.
I was also a huge fan of the series and thought the first movie was excellent. Now the second movie just seemed to be a whole 2 hours (or whatever it was) of pretty much nothing happening. As a fan it was good to see Mulder and Scully again, but the writers want shooting as the dreadful story and by association of that the poor box office has meant it is pretty much certain we won't see another Xfiles movie. I also thought Scully's accent was rather odd.

Fight The Future would definitely be on my list for blu-ray. :smashin:

unclepuncle

This is the 1st film.

Good film which blended in with the TV series in terms of plot - not sure it stands up too well as a standalone movie if you haven't already seen the first 5 series of the X-Files though.

But it's still a million times better than the latest one.:eek:

landwatcher

Standard Member
This is the 1st film.

Good film which blended in with the TV series in terms of plot - not sure it stands up too well as a standalone movie if you haven't already seen the first 5 series of the X-Files though.

But it's still a million times better than the latest one.:eek:
The latest X file movie is some kind of scare moive rather than traditional x files. Like this one..:hiya:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
The latest X file movie is some kind of scare moive rather than traditional x files. Like this one..:hiya:
Erm no it isn't. It's not scarey in any way. :confused:

The latest X Files movie is some poor excuse for a 45 minute episode that they dragged out to film length.