• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Wright Way - worst sitcom in years

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Did anyone manage to make it through this Ben Elton sitcom or enjoy it?

I thought it was the worse think I've seen in years and had to turn off after 15 minutes as it was just too painful.

Badly acted with terrible dated gags I hope whoever commissioned it is given a rocket up their backside.

Last edited:

Sonic67

Banned
I have only seen trailers so far but it looks awful.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Thread here with it's original (Slings & Arrows) name - (to be renamed shortly - now done by Garrett, thanks)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/television/1663151-wright-way-bbc-one.html

I managed to get through it, looks like someone dug it up from the 80's, i will be watching the next episode, call me crazy :D

There's got to be something you'd rather be doing than sitting through another half hour of this garbage. Personally I'd prefer to rub my eye on a brick than endure this tripe.

cebs_uk

Not seen this yet but I can remember the last time I saw Ben Elton on tv doing a routine during an anniversary show he was so bad. It just got worse as his 5 mins went on , i used to love watching him live and most things he wrote but I couldn't even crack a smile that time.

Don't know if its my old age creeping in or Elton losing the plot.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
It was poor but still not as bad as Mrs Brown Boys.

I strongly disagree with that. Whilst not to everyone's taste MBB has had me in tears of laughter.

On IMDB MBB scores 7.5 and this only 4.4 so I'm not alone.

Last edited:

aprout

Distinguished Member
I wondered if this was actually a new script, or just something Ben Elton found at the back of his cupboard behind his spangly 80s suits?

Watched some of the first episode of this, but quickly lost the will to live. The opening rant about women in bathrooms just sounded exactly like part of Elton's stand up act from the 80s. Had to switch over when he tried to get the tap to stay on at work by sitting on the counter. I was in danger of kicking the tv.

Surprised it was on so late. It seemed perfect for BBC1's 'rubbish sitcom / My Family' 8.30pm slot...

Drexl

Distinguished Member
What I saw of it looked like a dated repeat of The Think Blue Line and the made up Ricky Gervais sitcom from Extras (without the irony)

Sonic67

Banned

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom