1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wrestling Channel

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Azrikam, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For fans of good wrestling, there is hope! Here's some details about the upcoming Wrestling Channel on Sky. (taken from 1wrestling.com)

The channel, which is going to be available on satellite in the UK, will feature (as of right now) NWA:TNA, Ring Of Honor, Major League Wrestling, Combat Zone Wrestling, UPW and XWF (the old shows they taped two years ago) from the United States, Pro Wrestling Noah and New Japan Pro Wrestling from Japan, CMLL from Mexico, and Frontier Wrestling Alliance and Irish Whip Wrestling from the UK. Needless to say, it is going to be a great channel for wrestling junkies in the UK.

:smashin:

My TiVo will definitely be getting a workout when this station launches, which should be sometime this month. I don't know which package it'll be on, and I just hope I don't have to resubscribe to Sky Sports to get it. Here's the official website, but it's just a holding page at the moment:

http://www.maxtronmedia.com/channel.html

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aw, crud.

Did some more digging, and the launch looks to have been delayed. Right now, it's set for March 1, 2004, but that hasn't been confirmed.

3. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good news indeed! (from www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/ )

In preparation for our launch next March 2004, The Wrestling Channel are running, and sponsoring, one month of test programming on "Friendly TV" (SKY channel 268) commencing on Dec 1st.

The hottest pro wrestling action from around the world will be shown from 7-8am, and 7-8pm every weekday on "Friendly TV" for the month of December, with repeats on weekend mornings from 9-11am, and 6pm.
    The current line-up for this run includes: Frontier Wrestling Alliance, Irish Whip Wrestling, Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH, Ringside Retribution (The Glory days of Florida Championship Wrestling), Wrestling Legends: The Early Years, Classic Wrestling -Mat Mayhem and CombatZone Wrestling.

5. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There's something about two sweaty men wrestling. That sends my gaydar on full alert:eek:

6. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    TNA Xplosion has just been added to the test broadcast schedule on FriendlyTV.

Thurs 11 Dec 0700-0800
    Thurs 11 Dec 1900-2000

7. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So far, the tests have been very impressive. Of course, FriendlyTV regularly loses the sound and shows the programmes out of order, but that's par for the course for the team at Friendly.

8. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes, the TWC team are stressing that the service being provided on FriendlyTV is certainly not what it will be like on the real channel.