The worst CD player SAXON 300SE and a what hifi?challange.

nuttyboyz

Established Member
Reaction score
The Saxon cd300SE received 1 star from what hifi? I can't recall many times any products getting just 1 star,especially CD players,so I was curious as to how something can sound soooo bad,when quite a few people struggle to hear differences between machines,by giving it 1 star it must be obvious that it is a truly awful player,easy to spot due to very poor sound,and basically saying it's a pile of..well you know what.

But I was curious,What hi-fi?are always singing the praises of any thing made by Cyrus,Roksan,so why not test the 3 players in questions....blind:thumbsup:I mean it's easy to spot,right,it received 1 star:confused:and the Cyrus 5 stars,and even better than the old version,(or so they say),so lets see some mags put there money where their mouth is, and do a double blind test of a range of players,including the Saxon and hear if the can spot it,easy right?:smashin:

I'd never really heard of Saxon,but I think they are part of Talk electronics,who what hifi raved about,first their cables,then their amplifiers,so did they forget how to make CD players?:confused:

Honda. Laughed out of town when they first sold motor bikes here.
Datsun (Nissan). Laughed out of town when they first sold cars here.
Eurotunnel. The technical jewel in Anglo French co-operation would not be possible without the tunnelling machines Japan provided.

All we are seeing is the Chinese make their first tentative steps in the modern world like Japan did. Soon a Chinese designed and built player will be winning best buy awards, not being slated... I can see it now. Kung Pow CD 55 Sig wins best player of the century award!:D

Aah why didn't you say so before. Thats the problem right there. :rotfl: Chinese made would be fine, but British made, now you are really asking for trouble. :devil: (j/k btw)

I did:DI said they were part of Talk Electronics;)I maybe wrongly presumed people knew they were British.

But I mean 1 star,what's that all about?I can't remember any/or very few 1 star products,I remember a Pink triangle Turntable not getting any stars as it failed to work,so I feel curious that if it was that bad,they could easily spot it in a blind test against a Cyrus?

What do you say what hifi?:smashin: up for it?

I think it gets 1 star because they haven't paid what hi fi 20k for an advertisement in the mag. It seems some of the companies get 5 stars what ever they do. As it seems to be the most widely read hi fi mag a 5 star product will help retailers sell products much easier. I prefer hi fi news etc who do proper tests of the equipment to see how it performs!

I wouldn't mind one,just to see how bad it supposedly is,but £600 is a lot just to find out.

The Saxon cd300SE received 1 star from what hifi? I can't recall many times any products getting just 1 star,

In 1991 I bought Bose entry level standmounts for about £150.What hi-fi reviewed them in 1993/4 and said that they were so awful that they could not award them any star at all:DI eventually sold them to my brother for about £80 and bought B&W DM602's (as recommended by What Hi-Fi of course).I felt so guilty, however ,that I made a present of Atacama's SE24 stands to him when I eventually upgraded to Mission Freedom752 floorstanders in 1998(also as rec. by you know who).
Strangely enough my brother is still convinced he robbed me and delights in telling me how wonderful the Bose are.He has never upgraded since.:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom