The worlds 1st Digicam ?

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the worlds first Digicam, made in the 1950,s, in Russia.
Its a live picture in the screen, no PP whatsoever and nothing added to it:)

2520198583_e4324a281a_o.jpg

Front view, the round brown lever is for focussing the lens, the picture in the lens is just a reflection.

2521513960_f6b50b243c.jpg

What's "digi" about it ?

What's "digi" about it ?

Just a bit of fun on a wet Sunday as the screen on the back looks the same as one on a digital camera, was hoping it might generate a bit of interest as to what it actually is.

Ah well, back to the what lens/camera threads:)

Hehe, that's quite interesting bodoman. but what was the use of the screen in the back? for composition? Where did the film go?

The film went inside and was wound on with that sophisticated looked knob on the top:)

But what purpose does the screen serve? Surely the film can't pass by that screen?

Oh alright i will come clean, its not actually a camera, its a slide roll film viewer, made to look like a camera, you wind the exposed film past the the ground glass screen and view it through the lens.
The picture on the screen in the 1st photo is as i said i live view as i held it in front of my window and with lens pointing outwards and thats the picture on the screen.

The writing around the lens is in Russian, i guessed it as being made in the 50,s but it could be even earlier, its a really simple made tin plate construction.:)

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom