The Wizards: Enhanced Edition - March 12th 2019

Discussion in 'Playstation VR' started by Jimster71, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Jimster71

Jimster71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,012
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Darth_terra

Darth_terra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +982
    Seems interesting enough, not many first person adventure games in VR that are not shooters will keep an eye on this one.

3. Jimster71

Jimster71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,012
  4. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    Looks interesting, reviews on Steam (for PC version) seem generally positive.

5. DAZ UK 74

DAZ UK 74
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,806
    Yes, now I can wear my Wizard cloak and hat my Gran knitted me without looking stupid. :D

6. TheyCallMeTJ

TheyCallMeTJ
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,148
    When it comes to FPS fast paced shooter games that have two hand guns or in this case individual "hands" action, the ratings on Steam are meaningless because such games are vastly inferior on a PSVR. Simple reason is because of the PSVR Move controllers lacking a nav stick. We can never experience those immersive "hands" movement action and have comfortable smooth loco at the same time.

FPS shooter games that support Aim controller are great but then we miss out on the "hands" immersion if the original game was meant to be a single handed type game such as Doom VR and Skyrim VR. PSVR can't ever have both at the same time but Steam VR can.

Apex Construct is one example that I have played on both systems. Exactly the same game, but horrible to play on PSVR with Moves as soon as battles start to heat up. Raw data and Killing Incursion are other examples being the greatest FPS VR shooters on Steam VR but a much poor experience and lower rating on PSVR, all because of the awkward Move controller adaptation. Doom VR, Skyrim, Borderlands etc all have such compromises.

PSVR rocks but not with these types of games, so I would always taper expectations on games of this nature. Its just not our beloved PSVR strengths. That's not to say we still can't enjoy these games, as many of you are able to adjust to Move Controllers awkward navigation button mapping, its just that it would not be anywhere enjoyable as on Steam VR.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019