The Witch (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 02/10/2017

Gloss finish

tw-jpg.882122

Attachments

• TW.jpg
    TW.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 711
  • TW (inside).jpg
    TW (inside).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 111
  • TW (open).jpg
    TW (open).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Sods law isn't it @IT Troll, you waited all that time for a UK release, got fed up waiting, bought another release and then a week or two later a UK release gets announced! :rolleyes::D

Looks half decent. Can't remember this one though, if it's the one I'm thinking of then the trailer looked ok and some people said the movie was awful?

Sods law isn't it @IT Troll, you waited all that time for a UK release, got fed up waiting, bought another release and then a week or two later a UK release gets announced! :rolleyes::D
I know, couldn't believe it when this popped up. I am sure Zavvi only released this now to mess with me...

IMO the Canadian front cover is better, the only issues with the import are the dual language spine and region locked disc.

Looks half decent. Can't remember this one though, if it's the one I'm thinking of then the trailer looked ok and some people said the movie was awful?
The movie divides people, some love it, some hate it. It is quite a slow burner, kind of a mix of A Field In England, The Wicker Man and The Village in tone.

Last edited:
I know, couldn't believe it when this popped up. I am sure Zavvi only released this now to mess with me...

IMO the Canadian front cover is better, the only issues with the import are the dual language spine and region locked disc.

The movie divides people, some love it, some hate it. It is quite a slow burner, kind of a mix of A Field In England, The Wicker Man and The Village in tone.

Might grab this one then. Or try and check it out before dipping for the steel as can't imagine it'll sell out that fast. Quite like the simpler, atmospheric films rather than the "quiet-quiet-bang" scary films as Kermode referred to them as.

Had never seen this movie,viewed it last night and to be honest it's not for me,I just found it slow and boring so I will be saving a few quid with this one.

I thought they would have been "Some pictures from SFkilla" ;)
You not opened your copy yet? Nice looking steel.

Opened it quickly yesterday but no light with crap weather so didn't fancy pictures.
Will probably watch this over the weekend and take a couple of shots to share.

Opened it quickly yesterday but no light with crap weather so didn't fancy pictures.
Will probably watch this over the weekend and take a couple of shots to share.

Interested to know what you make of the film, if it gets a price drop I may get it.

Interested to know what you make of the film, if it gets a price drop I may get it.

I'll let you know :)

Weird pricing from Zavvi on this one.
£4 more if you buy from Zavvi.com compared to Zavvi.de, Zavvi.fr, Zavvi.es etc...
I understand that they are trying to match the price in Europe ( 12 Euros in Spain etc...) but why make the British folks pay more for this one? :confused:
Strange strategy with pricing lately.

We get boned in the UK all the time with higher pricing @SFkilla, it's nothing new unfortunately. :rolleyes:

I have been aware and used the UK pricing being a bit higher on new releases from time to time.
Just remembered that steelbooks are produced in Europe and send to the UK, which might be one reason for the price differences on some releases.

Just remembered that steelbooks are produced in Europe and send to the UK, which might be one reason for the price differences on some releases.
I wasn't aware of that, but you could well be right.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom