• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Wire

johny1980

Never watched this but is it any good ?

Thinking of hiring it out

Notice its on its 5th season so didnt wanna look it up on the net incase there was to much spoilers. Can someone think back to the 1st series and let me know what its about fromt that point :thumbsup:

No spoilers in this thread p's & q's :nono:

Toasty

Distinguished Member
The short answer is yes, the long answer is its brilliant, see other threads for details, but the answer is still yes! Oh, start from 1 through to 5 in order, it very much requires the running order viewing, as the producers put it, it's a 50 hour movie!

Edit, it's about life on the Baltimore streets from the point of view of everyone, drug dealers, cops, dock workers, schools, media, as the series go by!

Last edited:

Razor

Distinguished Member

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Started watching season 1 the other week im up to episode 8 of season 3 now and i can highly recommend it :smashin:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
You need to invest the time into it , I know so many people who watched the first couple of episodes and gave up on it.

The thing is its a slow build up to an incredibly deep story , its not your typical TV show formula , but it is without a doubt , brilliant.

johny1980

You need to invest the time into it , I know so many people who watched the first couple of episodes and gave up on it.

The thing is its a slow build up to an incredibly deep story , its not your typical TV show formula , but it is without a doubt , brilliant.

i can be patient

series one added on my lovefilm account, thats all the detail i needed

thanks guys :smashin:

thread can be closed if u want mods

johny1980

It's awesome fella, well worth the watch. Started with box sets, just finished Season 5 on Sky.

a shame there not on blu-ray :(

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Best series EVER nuff said:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom