the wife want's my old iphone 3g?

silvermilnec

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife wants my iphone 3g it's on o2 when i get my new 4. She has a standard o2 sim, silly question will this work in the iphone and can it be set up to allow text and voice calls only - no data of any sort ...
I assume that voice and texts would be fine but can I use the iPhone to access the internet when on a wifi network (have one at home and work) ...

I know it's not using the phone to its full potential but I want to be able to access the internet whilst at work or away (using hotel wifi).

Thanks for any help, she driving me mad:laugh:

You should be able to do this. All you need to do is go into the settings and change the cellular data network settings to something other than o2's settings and she wont be able to use 3g on it.

just like mine less than 4 mts old 16gb 3gs:suicide:
anyway keep them happy that's what matters

I'm in the same boat but my contract is up. The plan

~ this year, wife gets 3GS and puts in her o2 simplicity sim. I buy Iphone 4 on 2 year contract £30 pm.
~ next year wife gets iPhone 4, take out new 2 year contract in wives name £30pm. I get iPhone 5 she gets 4. Sell 3GS to pay for new phone.

Will cost us and extra £15pm from next year plus £179 for phone this year.
We should then be able to sell an iPhone to pay for the new phone. It's a plan!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom