• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Wife: “Can you please ask on your forums.....”

DT79

Distinguished Member
Me: “I’ve just ordered a USB microscope on ebay so I can make sure my Stylus Rake Angle is spot on.”.

Karen: “Oh you’re going to get laid all week mate.” [looks exasperated] “Actually, can you please ask on your forums, where does this all end? Just ask them, because I’d really love to know.”

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So, any thoughts? Where does this all end?

MaryWhitehouse

Think Tammy Wynette said it so well

MaryWhitehouse

I’ve just ordered a USB microscope on ebay so I can make sure my Stylus Rake Angle is spot on

Semi serious question. If it isn’t what will you do.

Craig uk

Distinguished Member
Me: “I’ve just ordered a USB microscope on ebay so I can make sure my Stylus Rake Angle is spot on.”.

Karen: “Oh you’re going to get laid all week mate.” [looks exasperated] “Actually, can you please ask on your forums, where does this all end? Just ask them, because I’d really love to know.”

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So, any thoughts? Where does this all end?

Show her a picture of the Dynaudio platinum evidence and see what she says:)

MaryWhitehouse

DT79

Distinguished Member

DT79

Distinguished Member
Show her a picture of the Dynaudio platinum evidence and see what she says:)
Good idea. And the Clearaudio Statement turntable (£130k).

MaryWhitehouse

I will adjust my VTA until said ‘spot on’ SRA is achieved! :)

Your Mrs eyebrows must be worn out by now lol.

DT79

Distinguished Member
Your Mrs eyebrows must be worn out by now lol.
Ha ha. Yes and her eyeballs are tired from all the rolling.

Actually it is all said in very good humour and indulgence for my hobby.

The 10% rule was established some time ago - if I buy something for my hifi she gets something worth 10% of the value, so she never minds that much when I buy new toys :thumbsup:

MaryWhitehouse

Ha ha. Yes and her eyeballs are tired from all the rolling.

Actually it is all said in very good humour and indulgence for my hobby.

The 10% rule was established some time ago - if I buy something for my hifi she gets something worth 10% of the value, so she never minds that much when I buy new toys :thumbsup:

That sounds a very familiar arrangement ;)

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Nooooooo, first rule of Hifi is - do not tell your significant other the price you paid for anything. Second rule is - if you really must divulge Hifi related transactions of the monetary kind to your significant other, only admit to a maximum of half the true price. Third rule is - just hope your significant other continues to be so for a long time otherwise there is a strong possibility your pride and joy hifi may be sold for the amount you told them as part of separation reparations!

Last edited:

BT Bob

Distinguished Member
Karen: “..... “Actually, can you please ask on your forums, where does this all end? Just ask them, because I’d really love to know.”

What my lovely wife would call, "Your'special' friends." ;)

(open's can of worms)... Can you post a link to the item?

DT79

Distinguished Member
What my lovely wife would call, "Your'special' friends." ;)

(open's can of worms)... Can you post a link to the item?
Here you go. There seem to be loads of basically the same design. It may very well not be particularly good, but for £10, worth a punt.

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
F1038E4E-DB09-44D9-9AFC-E19C9AEBE669.jpeg

DT79

Distinguished Member

wiz

Distinguished Member
Glad I'm not the only one.

I'm after a set of floor standing speakers had the fronts 25 years plus, showed the wife what I was after...response NO!:mad:

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
I'm after a set of floor standing speakers had the fronts 25 years plus, showed the wife what I was after...response NO!:mad:
That’s where you went wrong. By showing her, she had a chance to form a objection which takes milliseconds.
Does she inform you when she buys new shoes ? which means new handbag then outfit and earrings all to match the shoes.
Buy it, plonk it in place and then if asked why, say this is my ‘Onesie’ and prepare to sleep with one eye open for a few good while :D.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Glad I'm not the only one.

As Sir Mr. Dadda says... never, ever ask first.

A done deed is so much more the thing.

wiz

Distinguished Member
1598301048308.jpeg

wiz

Distinguished Member
Ain't that the truth!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom