1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wicker Man

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tee, Jun 26, 2001.

1. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I see Anchor Bay are releasing some sort of Limited Edition, Wooden case, special edition of this film..... the thing is, I've never seen it. What's it like? Are there any reviews anywhere? Can you recommend it?

Any advice..... cheers.

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Movietyme are listing The Wicker Man on their Digital Fixxx site. $17.95 for the standard version, $28.95 for the Ltd edition. It's not out 'til August 21st though.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

As far as I know, the Special Edition of "The Wicker Man" is the recently discovered longer print, that contains some sort of extra footage, or missing footage that was originally considered to be lost.

I know Channel 4 and FilmFour had something to do with its recovery and re-integration, but I can't tell you any more than that, as I have no other info about what was included, or how long the film now runs. Try going to: www.filmfour.com or the Internet Movie Database, do a search on "Wicker Man", and then click on "Alternative Versions" on the left hand side of the screen. Maybe they will be able to fill you in on what was included.

Hope this is of some help.

Pooch

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    I'd hope they have the original version in good quality and just give the option to view the extended version because as far as I know it only exists as an offline loband version ; ie think bad vhs.

Certainly the extended version shown on filmfour was very poor quality compared to the theatrical version. Spoiled my enjoyment of it but the extra scenes at the start are interesting.