The Wicker Man Head-Up

Garrett

Reaction score
For fans of this film it is being shown late tonight/tomorrow morning on15th Ch 1.50 am. Video Plus 822864.

I’ve just been reading it is the directors cut.

I have the Theatrical/Director's cut on R2 DVD and I must say the director's cut is fantastic and a must see for anyone who hasnt seen it.

Just set my PVR, not seen this one for years. I do remember the dance by Britt Ekland though :D :eek:

ooh, and you get the snails too :)

whats it about ???

you really have to watch it, telling you the synopsis would give the story away, but its a great thriller/horror

A missing girl and a funny goings on, on an island. It’s a bit of a one of a kind, I will not say too much as it may spoil it, but it well, you will just have to see it.
OH Christopher Lee does a Eddie Izzard.:D

Originally posted by Garrett

OH Christopher Lee does a Eddie Izzard.:D

what he becomes a cross dressing stand up comedian ???????
just kidding i might give this a watch then.

You've never seen "The Wicker Man"?

I envy you - you're in for a treat!

;)

nope never lol it better be good because im sacrificing wrestlemania for it lmao just kidding,but now its been hyped up so much im looking forward to it :)

and you're even luckier, as you'll see the directors cut before the theatrical :)

The director's cut alters the plot significantly: it's a far better tale in this form. Christopher Lee was apparently outraged at the hatchet job they did on the original release.

There are still some scenes missing, and I think Christopher Lee has offered a reward for these. However, they're supposedly buried in the foundations of Spaghetti Junction!

Top hair by Lee, though...

Yeah this is one of my favourite films, has a lot of messages in it too :)

i fell asleep half wy through:rolleyes: no fault of the film i was bloody knackered lol.it had a straw dogs/deliverance feeling about this film as far as i seen.quick question is the dvd as bad a picture as the broadcast pic?? one minute it was fine next it was washed out cine8 quality :laugh: very very strange film btw.that willow would well get it though :devil:

The director's cut consists of the original edited film, with lots of previously 'lost' footage spliced back in. Unfortunately, the cuttings didn't survive in a high quality format, so the film changes picture quality between the original film and the cuttings.

It makes it interesting though: it shows you just how much they chopped out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom