1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Who

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by rollnrocker, Feb 27, 2004.

1. rollnrocker

rollnrocker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few great Who items I found online:

The Who are back with their first new songs since the 1982 album "It's Hard.” The two new songs on the upcoming best-of collection “Then and Now- 1964-2004” are titled "Real Good Looking Boy" and "Old Red Wine.” If you’re a huge fan like me, it will be great to hear some newly recorded stuff. The cd comes out March 30.

Pete Townshend wrote on his official web site that he and vocalist Roger Daltrey recorded "Real Good Looking Boy" with assistance from drummer Zak Starkey, keyboardist John "Rabbit" Bundrick, bassist Greg Lake and Townshend's brother Simon.

The Who will play "Tommy" live March 29 at London's Royal Albert Hall, as part of a benefit concert series for the Teenage Cancer Trust. The group is also confirmed to play March 22 and 24-25 at the London Forum and to co-headline the U.K.'s Isle of Wight Festival in June.

Check out The Who’s Ufanz online street team. You can get news, inside details, promote the Who, and earn great Who items and prizes. I’m a member and if you want to get some great free stuff, I say join. The link to the site is:

http://www.ufanz.com/teams/thewho

2. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I'm looking forward to this album. I'm surprised you haven't had any other replies. It's 'The Who' for gods sake :)

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The Simpsons ruined The Who for me. :D

4. trevor g

trevor g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stuff the simpsons- the who a band of my generatiom

5. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    The who were/are a quality band, not limited to any generation, I think their music is ace.

The sound track for McVicar from Who films Ltd shows that Mr Daltrey can really sing and is one of my favourites.

Cheers, Mylo

6. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Who's next is one the finest albums ever made. I think the rock gods should let us all remember them as they were though.

They did define a generation, but they was young and angry. They're rich and middle aged now.

7. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a confession to make: I don't like Tommy.

Who's Next and Who by Numbers are my favourite who albums, but Who Sell Out is also impressive. Seeing as it was released in the same year as Sgt Peppers, I'm surprised it doesn't get more accolades: I can see for Miles must have sounded really fresh and different when the album came out.

8. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Love the O' as well. Agree with Keany, Whos next is an all time classic album. I do like Tommy, but as Rhoamish says Sell Out was probably better. Don't play them much at the moment . Townshends "activities" have made me a bit cool towards them. Just a psychological thing, I'll get over it. Not the rest of the bands fault after all. :(

9. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    For me it will be sadly lacking the superb bass playing of John Entwistle. I used to sit and watch him playing for hours when I was a youngster, and there's not been many bassist who have reached his standards.
    Having said that, I look forward to anything by them.

10. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Exclusive Pete Townshend interview in this month's UNCUT magazine where he talks about Tommy amongst other things.