The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

I have the USA version of Watchmen which is HD, I was told the ultimate cut in the extras was 4k but mine appears not to be could someone check theirs if they have it please.
Also how come certain artwork for some films had changed to a sort of Mondo type picture.

I have the USA version of Watchmen which is HD, I was told the ultimate cut in the extras was 4k but mine appears not to be could someone check theirs if they have it please.
Also how come certain artwork for some films had changed to a sort of Mondo type picture.
Did you buy it directly in iTunes?

Did you buy it directly in iTunes?
It was a code mate via flixster (remember when we could do that)! I think that might be the issue, im Sure others have upgraded but maybe not, might buy the U.K. version next time it’s on sale, tbh the ultimate cut was a slog anyway, it’s a pity the directors cut isn’t available..

It was a code mate via flixster (remember when we could do that)! I think that might be the issue, im Sure others have upgraded but maybe not, might buy the U.K. version next time it’s on sale, tbh the ultimate cut was a slog anyway, it’s a pity the directors cut isn’t available..
If it was through Flixster then:
1) 4K upgrades only happen with iTunes codes redeemed in iTunes and direct to iTunes purchases,
2) to get 4K via Flixster the code would’ve needed to of been an actual 4K code,
3) no 4K code for Watchmen existed back then,
4) with Watchmen specifically, via US iTunes as there is no 4K purchasable option you will only get HD purchase rights via an MA port even with a 4K code redemption..
The Ultimate Cut in 4K is an iTunes Extra which is only available via a direct to iTunes code or direct to iTunes purchase, as there is no iTunes code then an iTunes purchase is the only option.

My version of 4K Watchmen seems to have been removed from itunes , now it has only the ultimate cut and no extras , but I’m sure it used to have extras etc

Attachments

• 0DBD4BA9-4FA0-436D-A255-95EC55179266.jpeg
    0DBD4BA9-4FA0-436D-A255-95EC55179266.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 29
My version of 4K Watchmen seems to have been removed from itunes , now it has only the ultimate cut and no extras , but I’m sure it used to have extras etc
uk version should have theatrical cut in extras

No HDR. Sometimes with older films though, I just prefer a straight resolution upgrade. It all depends on how the studio implements HDR really.

Great. Will pick it up next price drop. One of my favourite films and I thought I actually owned it on iTunes.

my US copy of Fargo still showing HD.

How did you get it?
Can't remember mate- pretty sure it was iTunes as it's not a MA title. EDIT - yay it's updated now :)

Wonder if they’ve fixed the picture too? Probably not :)

Now getting atmos. The stream does look like it’s corrected. The reds look red and the blacks are black

I see they’ve re listed Beetlejuice. The old one is still there at the moment. The 4K disc is out later in the year. It’s Warner bros so a possibility our old ones might get upgraded like Batman and The Shining.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom