The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

Not sure this is the best place to ask but it says 4k in the title so that's good enough for me

1917 is showing as 4k DV in the US store but HD in the UK one, is that just a display thing or are we only getting HD?

A lot of pre-orders show as HD initially and the details get upgraded closer to release. I’d be shocked if it’s not 4k but there’s no harm in hanging on a bit before buying just to be sure.

I see the director’s cut of doctor sleep is Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos that’s a bonus
got this on instawatch from vifgam for $4 and it ported to MA and ITUNES :clap:

All the Skywalker Saga Star Wars movies are now 4k and DV on MA/Vudu now.

Had a quick shufty at some of the earlier ones, and they look pretty good to be honest.

There's a fair few to buy in 4K on Amazon too (ÂŁ9.99 ea)

I guess for many there’s no need to buy them now they’ve got a Disney+ sub for at least a year.
That won't be getting ROTS for a little while I should imagine. Although they've brought forward Frozen 2 by 3 months which is a good gesture.

That won't be getting ROTS for a little while I should imagine. Although they've brought forward Frozen 2 by 3 months which is a good gesture.
Most sources seem to think new releases will appear on Disney+ around 4 months after it’s physical release.

An advantage of years D+ sub is no need to worry about bingeing or whether a particular film isnt out for a few months yet. I think it'll work well alongside an Itunes library to add in Disney 4K

An advantage of years D+ sub is no need to worry about bingeing or whether a particular film isnt out for a few months yet. I think it'll work well alongside an Itunes library to add in Disney 4K

I agree, I signed up a couple of days ago for the 12 month offer. I am hoping that the PQ will be as good as Itunes, if so I will be more than happy! :)

I agree, I signed up a couple of days ago for the 12 month offer. I am hoping that the PQ will be as good as Itunes, if so I will be more than happy! :)
i ditched my USA disney+ and took the 12 month offer , the pic n sound on the USA one was Great

I haven't got around to watching it yet, but looking through my purchased list yesterday, I noticed "Knowing" is 4K DV. I'm sure it was only HD when I bought it about 9 months ago.

I remember buying Knowing several months ago, just because it was 4K and cheap, so it’s been 4K a while. Still not watched it of course :)

@Goooner You are probably right. I finally found it in my invoice folder and it was ÂŁ3.99, but no way of telling if it was 4K or not. Maybe I just bought it because it was a cheap 4K movie. I must watch it tonight! :D

Yeah, I’ll believe that when I see it :rotfl:

I’m just waiting for the chance to legitimately self-isolate so I can catch up on my unwatched “pile”:D

Last edited:
Everything be sd within the week ;)
Well at least that’s all we’ll be able to get when everyone’s off and caning the Broadband networks using every streaming service going.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom