The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

Well now this could get interesting, however I’m guessing it won’t apply to UV redeems or ports.
2FCE69E0-3CF3-42FA-AFB2-0A3963658B65.jpeg

That would be brilliant if we get some upgrades for movies and I hope it applies to the old UV stuff, because unlike iTunes, Vudu actually updates MA so any upgrades you do get might port to iTunes.

Boo...sadly they do say in a post further down it won’t apply to UV...only direct purchases.

US version of Boyz N The Hood has eventually gone 4K and after the UK.

Anyone know why the lighthouse is in HD only and not in 4k on itunes in both the UK and USA version?

More than likely because there’s no 4K physical release either would be my guess.

It's a shame there's no 4k release. Would have though in this day and age all films would have a 4k release.

Anyone know why the lighthouse is in HD only and not in 4k on itunes in both the UK and USA version?

It‘s not really needed. It looks pristine in HD. The fact it’s black and white and has a weird aspect ratio wouldn’t really offer much in 4K anyway.

I bought this yesterday. Swear it wasn’t 4k. Never seen it before but thought it was worth a gamble.

Mine’s showing HD, but I own it in 4K on my US account anyway, as I didn’t expect it to turn here.

Mine’s showing HD, but I own it in 4K on my US account anyway, as I didn’t expect it to turn here.
Makes you wonder though if Disney are gonna re add old Hollywood pictures and touchstone ones onto 20th century fox and re add them to the store. That’s great if we haven’t bought them and they are 4K but if we have it’s niggling.

5687DF85-CD50-4BE2-913B-FDDDA55A512A.jpeg
Complete bull💩 tactics. What’s to stop every movie studio doing this to essentially circumvent and make apples free HD>4K upgrade policy redundant?

Only just bought the movie myself. Old one of course 🤬

View attachment 1260887Complete bull💩 tactics. What’s to stop every movie studio doing this to essentially circumvent and make apples free HD>4K upgrade policy redundant?

Only just bought the movie myself. Old one of course 🤬
Technically there’s nothing to circumvent asthey’re from two different studios, the original release was distributed by Touchstone outside of the US whereas the latest is distributed by 20th Century Fox.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom