The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

Well I wasn’t expecting to see this :clap:
0B0A8A46-FDCC-4102-88CD-6BACD24A3B14.jpeg

Hmmm, I see Terminator Dark Fate is back down to HD now. I pre-ordered it In 4K so I hope it goes back up again

Does Apple/iTunes notify you if one of your Previously purchased HD movies is upgraded? Or is it just a case of spotting it on the off chance? Cheers, Daz

Not showing as 4K on the CC app. Does it take a while to update? I can see it on the iTunes app as 4K though 😉 Cheers, Daz
You subscribe to this thread and the good people here will notify you :thumbsup:

Does Apple/iTunes notify you if one of your Previously purchased HD movies is upgraded? Or is it just a case of spotting it on the off chance? Cheers, Daz
It’s just a case of spotting it on the off chance.

Now to decide if I pull the trigger on the Running Man now? Or wait for movie week? Only started collecting iTunes digital movies late last year so missed the boat.

Not showing as 4K on the CC app. Does it take a while to update? I can see it on the iTunes app as 4K though 😉 Cheers, Daz
I’d guess it depends on how and how often CC collate their data for HD/4K changes or whether that’s something they have to add manually or not.

When I purchase an iTunes movie I always download a copy and store it in my NAS. Has anyone noticed the file type that you download has changed? It used to be a simple mp4/m4v file but now it’s some sort of packaged file type I’ve never heard of...

I buy a film off iTunes (typically using my iPhone) and open the tv app on my MacBook Pro where the new movie will be listed. I click the iCloud icon to download a local copy. Lately the files are not .m4v.

For example, I purchased scarface and the downloaded file is an .m4v. I purchased Bohemian Rhapsody and the file is a .movpkg.

I buy a film off iTunes (typically using my iPhone) and open the tv app on my MacBook Pro where the new movie will be listed. I click the iCloud icon to download a local copy. Lately the files are not .m4v.

For example, I purchased scarface and the downloaded file is an .m4v. I purchased Bohemian Rhapsody and the file is a .movpkg.
Panic over. Deleted the affected movies redownloaded them from the iTunes Store. Now showing as .m4v files. Happy days!

New to all this but if you download a purchased movie can you still stream from your account?

New to all this but if you download a purchased movie can you still stream from your account?
Yes, you can still stream.
Just bare in mind that playback of downloaded 4K content from storage will be HD.

usa terminator salvation upgraded , mine is of course uk :(

Annoyingly Amazon Prime Video are selling E.T in 4K HDR for £2.99, whereas the iTunes version is still only HD

Ah no free upgrade. Anyway thanks for the tip about it being cheap for 4K on Prime. Spider-verse is £2.99 on Prime also,

Ah no free upgrade. Anyway thanks for the tip about it being cheap for 4K on Prime. Spider-verse is £2.99 on Prime also,
Just been reduced to 2.99 on iTunes this evening.

The Hurt Locker, 4K Dolby vision/atmos now on US store

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom