Quantcast

The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

bigry

Distinguished Member
can anyone tell me if you pay to upgrade a copy of your movie via vudu which is linked though to usa itunes it will upgrade the itunes to 4k? purchased equalizer though vudu years ago but only at HDX quality fancy watching it at UHD thanks in advance

Sneak

can anyone tell me if you pay to upgrade a copy of your movie via vudu which is linked though to usa itunes it will upgrade the itunes to 4k? purchased equalizer though vudu years ago but only at HDX quality fancy watching it at UHD thanks in advance
Will only upgrade if purchased through iTunes.

bigry

Distinguished Member
Thanks sneak was hoping as I brought it via vudu it would any upgrade would flow though to iTunes. Guess I’m stuck with a HD version.

Bobcat2112

I’m pretty sure I remember having American Sniper in HD iTunes and buying the UHD in VUDU and it flowed through upgrading my copy from HD to 4k DV.

Bobcat2112

Actually come to think of it I’ve done the same with Shazam and the wizard of Oz. If you redeem a 4k code it upgrades the HD iTunes to 4k.

Bobcat2112

Apologies if I’m late coming to the party but I’ve only just noticed that black hawk down now has the directors cut included in 4k hdr as an extra (US iTunes). I’m sure it wasn’t always there?
That’s my nights viewing sorted...

Darren Raw

Apologies if I’m late coming to the party but I’ve only just noticed that black hawk down now has the directors cut included in 4k hdr as an extra (US iTunes). I’m sure it wasn’t always there?
That’s my nights viewing sorted...
Here’s hoping we get this in the uk iTunes Store...

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Silly question and something I’ve never even noticed / considered before but how on iPad can you watch the extras ?

if I press play movie just plays with no menu.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
and how does one do this on the Samsung TV Apple TV+ app?
I don’t think the extras are available via the third party devices.

Edit: Indeed that is correct, and that’s the reason why the ATV app doesn’t make an ATV redundant.
64CAC369-45C1-488D-8560-9CF7A032FAAC.jpeg

djbullard

Anyone noticed how if you screenshot on the tv app or Netflix it blacks out the image?
It’s so you can record it. However it’s been like this a while and if you ever have issues Apple ask you to record a movie on your phone and even give you instructions. You would of though they would know this happens. Makes you wonder how good their technicians actually are...

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Set your clocks for April 6th and hopefully a new release or free upgrade of The Elephant Man

xrkt77

With Studio Canal who knows ? don’t think The Deer Hunter upgraded, instead they removed the old version and re-listed the new 4K version to buy.

But think the previous version of Don’t Look Now upgraded to 4K alongside a new re-listed 4K version.

While Universal Soldier & Angel Heart 4K new releases disappeared from the UK iTunes store before they were released.

Studio Canal are meant to release Total Recall & Basic Instinct this year on 4K UHD this year so we may get them on 4K iTunes

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ announces discount for European launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica reveals Kokutan and Asada Zakura headphones