Quantcast

The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

Graham

Hmmm, I see Terminator Dark Fate is back down to HD now. I pre-ordered it In 4K so I hope it goes back up again

Darren Raw

Does Apple/iTunes notify you if one of your Previously purchased HD movies is upgraded? Or is it just a case of spotting it on the off chance? Cheers, Daz

dr no

Not showing as 4K on the CC app. Does it take a while to update? I can see it on the iTunes app as 4K though 😉 Cheers, Daz
You subscribe to this thread and the good people here will notify you :thumbsup:

Darren Raw

Now to decide if I pull the trigger on the Running Man now? Or wait for movie week? Only started collecting iTunes digital movies late last year so missed the boat.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Not showing as 4K on the CC app. Does it take a while to update? I can see it on the iTunes app as 4K though 😉 Cheers, Daz
I’d guess it depends on how and how often CC collate their data for HD/4K changes or whether that’s something they have to add manually or not.

Darren Raw

When I purchase an iTunes movie I always download a copy and store it in my NAS. Has anyone noticed the file type that you download has changed? It used to be a simple mp4/m4v file but now it’s some sort of packaged file type I’ve never heard of...

Darren Raw

I buy a film off iTunes (typically using my iPhone) and open the tv app on my MacBook Pro where the new movie will be listed. I click the iCloud icon to download a local copy. Lately the files are not .m4v.

For example, I purchased scarface and the downloaded file is an .m4v. I purchased Bohemian Rhapsody and the file is a .movpkg.

Darren Raw

I buy a film off iTunes (typically using my iPhone) and open the tv app on my MacBook Pro where the new movie will be listed. I click the iCloud icon to download a local copy. Lately the files are not .m4v.

For example, I purchased scarface and the downloaded file is an .m4v. I purchased Bohemian Rhapsody and the file is a .movpkg.
Panic over. Deleted the affected movies redownloaded them from the iTunes Store. Now showing as .m4v files. Happy days!

oscarmadfish

Distinguished Member
usa terminator salvation upgraded , mine is of course uk :(

xrkt77

Annoyingly Amazon Prime Video are selling E.T in 4K HDR for £2.99, whereas the iTunes version is still only HD

jwsg

Ah no free upgrade. Anyway thanks for the tip about it being cheap for 4K on Prime. Spider-verse is £2.99 on Prime also,

raz77

The Hurt Locker, 4K Dolby vision/atmos now on US store

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ announces discount for European launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett