The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

Jessica Noir

The Atmos track is interesting, as I think the US blu-ray only had a 7.1 mix.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Ok I purchased it. This definitely has big issues.
it’s Dolby Vision in SD and a pcm track not DA according to the Denon. The LG tv flags it as DV but the image is definitely SD it’s soft and missing detail. I rented this on US iTunes months ago and recall the image was great then.

Same with my Punisher War Zone US code which redeemed as DV DA SD. Looks horrendous. Just request for a refund.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Ok I purchased it. This definitely has big issues.
it’s Dolby Vision in SD and a pcm track not DA according to the Denon. The LG tv flags it as DV but the image is definitely SD it’s soft and missing detail. I rented this on US iTunes months ago and recall the image was great then.
Only issue now is that as you purchased it as SD you’re not entitled to HD or 4K when it appears.
I’d be looking at getting a refund if I were you, hopefully it won’t be an issue that you’ve started it.

Crazytactics

Thanks guys yeah I have the page ready for a refund however apple haven’t invoiced it yet but will get it sorted.
If need be I’ll just buy the us iTunes version. My go to for people like Entertainment Film Distributors and others who refuse to do anything but HD and that’s your lot.

MarkNorton1

Anyone know when A quiet place 2 is out in the US on 4k disc. Want a code and I know it’s up for purchase direct on iTunes etc.

MarkNorton1

Sorry forgot I changed threads!

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Seen a bunch of AQP2 Canada codes going for $6 today, maybe worth grabbing if you see it cheap as it will also redeem in US iTunes.
Are you sure on that? Apart from a few older Fox/Disney/Marvel codes, Canada codes do not redeem on US.

If it does, very exciting but I'm a tad cautious.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Are you sure on that? Apart from a few older Fox/Disney/Marvel codes, Canada codes do not redeem on US.

If it does, very exciting but I'm a tad cautious.

Most Paramount Canada codes redeem in US iTunes. Think other Studios have cracked down on this.

Crazytactics

Promising Young Woman fixed on itunes
dolby atmos (as indicated by denon amp) and Dolby vision as indicated by LG tv. Image full of detail clearly looks 4K (as far as anyone can tell a great HD from 4k)

Attachments

• 945BE802-020E-4E9E-8893-A441A522459C.jpeg
    945BE802-020E-4E9E-8893-A441A522459C.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 27

mckee74

Distinguished Member
I’m really hoping for True Romance to upgrade now that the 4k disc is out. No sign yet though.
Hope to be proven wrong, but I would say the chances of an upgrade hang around the zero mark.

Jessica Noir

Dracula 1931 4k HDR
Did not see that coming! Really wish I bought the Universal Monster boxset when it was cheap several months ago. The Browning Dracula has always been the weakest of the series, but the idea that 4K versions of Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and The Creature From the Black Lagoon are around the corner is very exciting.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I bet @-gonzo can't wait, those will be right up his street :D

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett