The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

lemonhead

My old UK Willy Wonka, bought when the 70’s boxset was £9.99, has been upgraded.

Attachments

• 5895520D-EE25-45C4-B107-1A2E9ABD2765.jpeg
    5895520D-EE25-45C4-B107-1A2E9ABD2765.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 54

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Mad max road warrior and thunderdome getting physical 4k release later this year by the looks from warner bros.

Doubt it the anthology cover art spec showed Fury Road 4K and the rest being standard Blu-rays.

48 Hours - both parts on iTunes are the remastered ones. Looks excellent but once again I bought the codes hoping these will be auto upgraded to 4K DV.

hancock54

Doubt it the anthology cover art spec showed Fury Road 4K and the rest being standard Blu-rays.

48 Hours - both parts on iTunes are the remastered ones. Looks excellent but once again I bought the codes hoping these will be auto upgraded to 4K DV.
Is the 48 hours iTunes U.K. ones remastered or you talking about USA iTunes as regards to mad max films there releasing them individually by the looks November in the USA

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Is the 48 hours iTunes U.K. ones remastered or you talking about USA iTunes as regards to mad max films there releasing them individually by the looks November in the USA

No idea about the UK ones mate I am afraid.

I bought the US codes in BD forums and they are definitely remastered HD streams.

johnboy586

Looks like Almost Famous in the UK is being prepared for its UK upgrade, the standard length version now has iTunes Extras with the Bootleg cut as a extra. 👍🏻

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Looks like Almost Famous in the UK is being prepared for its UK upgrade, the standard length version now has iTunes Extras with the Bootleg cut as a extra. 👍🏻

I bet it will eventually become the same listing as US.

Bobcat2112

Stolen from a FB post. Not iTunes but hopefully will be soon. John Carpenters The Thing has gone 4K HDR on Vudu. It ports to MA and iTunes but doesn’t playback 4K there yet. I’ll be giving a play tonight methinks.

Attachments

• 9380C0EC-484D-4F7B-A3C7-F5C2F4989900.jpeg
    9380C0EC-484D-4F7B-A3C7-F5C2F4989900.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

lemonhead

Stolen from a FB post. Not iTunes but hopefully will be soon. John Carpenters The Thing has gone 4K HDR on Vudu. It ports to MA and iTunes but doesn’t playback 4K there yet. I’ll be giving a play tonight methinks.

I have the UK one & notice it has different artwork to The Thing on US itunes so presumably they have different ID numbers.

It’s also distributed by the dreaded Universal, so not getting my hopes up for an upgrade.

Jessica Noir

It’s also distributed by the dreaded Universal, so not getting my hopes up for an upgrade.
You’re right, but after the drama-free upgrades to The Sting, Animal House and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I’m quietly optimistic.

MBeeching

Standard Member

AF - Theatrical now has a 4K flag in UK. I was secretly hoping for a £3.99 deal to celebrate but will keep an eye on things. Great film, though one where I had the entire theatre to myself.

johnboy586

AF - Theatrical now has a 4K flag in UK. I was secretly hoping for a £3.99 deal to celebrate but will keep an eye on things. Great film, though one where I had the entire theatre to myself.
Does anyone know if the new bootleg cut extra is in 4K too?

xrkt77

A Quiet Place Part II now available on USA iTunes.

Understand you can also watch it via Paramount+ on a free trial ? provided you have a suitable VPN.

1A91CA60-6763-4B68-8B26-035CBFD26E6B.png

raz77

Snatch now 4k Dolby vision/Atmos on US store

Crazytactics

Tempted to buy it just to see if it’s marked up incorrectly. My only hunch being that HD is £9.99 on Amazon so £11.99 makes sense for 4kHDR on iTunes. But then I’ll be stuck with a SD version which won’t get upgraded if there was a mistake. I can always submit a refund I suppose.

Crazytactics

Ok I purchased it. This definitely has big issues.
it’s Dolby Vision in SD and a pcm track not DA according to the Denon. The LG tv flags it as DV but the image is definitely SD it’s soft and missing detail. I rented this on US iTunes months ago and recall the image was great then.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 4th August 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett