The what's turned, and is turning 4K DV/HDR/Dolby Atmos on Apple TV thread.

My HD copy of DHWAV has disappeared from my library on my Apple TV....

What’s going on here?
B0824984-DEEA-4FC0-8D1E-25AEA9345602.png
mystery solved

If

Both iTunes versions have different run times
View attachment 1261254
i don’t put too much faith in the run times I’ve known them to be wrong. I can categorically confirm the HD version is uncut. I’m pretty hot on this stuff to a point of being obsessed with it. That’s why I clocked the “The Goonies” was cut last week 😉

i don’t put too much faith in the run times I’ve known them to be wrong. I can categorically confirm the HD version is uncut. I’m pretty hot on this stuff to a point of being obsessed with it. That’s why I clocked the “The Goonies” was cut last week 😉
How about these, are they in the previous iTunes version?

Just had confirmation of my refund, just gotta wait 2 years for the 4k one to be reduced now!

I see the director’s cut of doctor sleep is Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos that’s a bonus

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t get released in UK ITunes with DV and DA in all honesty but not guaranteed I guess. Big shame too if it doesn’t.

What’s the deal with lionsgate? Not the first time I’ve heard on these forums they’re unlikely to upgrade films....

What’s the deal with lionsgate? Not the first time I’ve heard on these forums they’re unlikely to upgrade films....
It’s not that there’s an issue with Lionsgate, the issue is that in some cases a Lionsgate movie gets distributed by someone else in the UK ie John Wick 1 &2 which are Lionsgate but distributed by Warner Bros in the UK.

It’s not that there’s an issue with Lionsgate, the issue is that in some cases a Lionsgate movie gets distributed by someone else in the UK ie John Wick 1 &2 which are Lionsgate but distributed by Warner Bros in the UK.
And why does that stop films being upgraded? Apologies if it’s a stupid question 😔

Probably because the uk publisher doesMy have the rights for the 4k version. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn’t.

Just checked and I've had Say Anything, Heat and Independence Day turn 4k yesterday.

Heat and Independence day have been 4k for quite some time. Did they revert back to hd?
Ah. It was in my Vudu account I saw they'd been upgraded to UHD so presumed. Thanks.

So just Say Anything must be new to 4k.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom