1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The West Wing this weekend?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Donnacha, May 6, 2003.

1. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,058
    Was the West Wing on C4 this weekend? I noticed it wasn't on last night in its usual god awful time slot of 11.30pm. So was it shown earlier over the weekend, as I was away and was expecting to watch it last night.

I'll be fecked off it I missed it - best show on telly

Cheers

2. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    During a bank holiday, a collective madness takes place and stuff people actually watch and look forward too gets replaced by drivel, like the 100 greatest movie stars (or the 100 greatest movie stars as voted for by unmentionables who actually care about this sort of thing).

No, you did not miss The West Wing, I think it is back next week, unless they decide to show something else, that is, like the 100 longest films or the 100 best toilet scenes in soaps or something.

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    channel 4 are treating this show very very badly. It doesn't come close to BBC2's handling of Seinfeld mind you.

Sunday evening was perfect for the West Wing, it is not the type of show for late monday night

4. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,058
    Agree about the timing. The Sunday 9pm slot last year was lovely - a great way to finish of the weekend. The only down side to that was that after it you knew the weekend was over.

Now I just record it and watch it at a sensible hour, as I have to be up early in the mornings. Its no longer an "event" during the weekend as I now watch it when I get a chance, and not its designated slot. Still the best series on TV (although Boomtown is now my 2nd fav.)

The last few episodes of the West Wing haven't been up to the usual standard, but that normally means there is a class one 'round the corner!

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I too think the west wing is marvelous. Boom town is getting better and better with each show as each character is being developed. It's presentation is refreshing and original .
    Both CSI shows are at the top of my list along with ER which I still follow closely.
    I never thought I'd ever hear myself say this but the americans are certainly producing some quality dramas.