1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Weakest Link?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pygmy Hippo, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Pygmy Hippo

Pygmy Hippo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted the other week some details of the new Sigma Designs card - but now i have a question that has been baffling me somewhat.

The X-Card is supposed to support
    Composite and s-video output (NTSC/PAL)
    Progressive or interlaced component YPbPr video output, scalable up to HDTV resolution (supports 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i)

But as far as i can see from the picture it only has S-Video outputs - certainly the Component connector appears to be S-Video on one end and component on the other. So my question is - how can you get component quality from a S-Video source? Surely the weakest link, in this case the S-Video connector, will determine the final picture quality?

I would post this on their Newsgroup but I can't post there sadly - damn ISP!!

Cheers

Pygmy Hippo

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    OK second try, I deleted my first responce because it was wrong. The cable accessory that looks like an svideo to component cable is proprietry. Its probably some sort of mini din connector with different pins to svideo.

Jeff

3. Pygmy Hippo

Pygmy Hippo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - i thought i was going mad with that one!

Cheers again

Pygmy Hippo