The Weakest Link BBC One with Romesh Ranganathan

encaser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1639926004857.png

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd give this a whirl after seeing Romesh on Norton and liking seeing him on his adventure/travel type show. Well, that, and memories of occasionally watching smugly Ann Robinson years back.
I was glad I did, as the once a week format seems enough to not get too tired of things and I'd forgotten how sorry, not sorry the contestants soon get when it comes time to vote a poor soul off. Poor soul? Er, 'celebrity'. I had no clue as to most on there (not that it matters) and imagine that won't change much over the weeks of either a particular cohort of celebs or, rando' bunch.
Nevertheless, Ranganathan works the group well, singles out the questionable and fires off the odd humorous rabbit punch putdown but maintains that matesy air to keep things light, with recognition of achievement which overall works well.
It's also both interesting and fun; how those that first appeared surefooted and your obvious choice for winner can fall at any moment, only to then be suddenly in the final with what seemed the least likely.
It's currently sat on BBC IPlayer and the Christmas Special is on the 23 December at 6.30 with Kym Marsh, Gemma Collins, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Christopher Biggins, Kate Bottley, Bonnie Langford, Olly Smith and Danny John-Jules

View attachment 1622242
Out of curiosity, I thought I'd give this a whirl after seeing Romesh on Norton and liking seeing him on his adventure/travel type show. Well, that, and memories of occasionally watching smugly Ann Robinson years back.
I was glad I did, as the once a week format seems enough to not get too tired of things and I'd forgotten how sorry, not sorry the contestants soon get when it comes time to vote a poor soul off. Poor soul? Er, 'celebrity'. I had no clue as to most on there (not that it matters) and imagine that won't change much over the weeks of either a particular cohort of celebs or, rando' bunch.
Nevertheless, Ranganathan works the group well, singles out the questionable and fires off the odd humorous rabbit punch putdown but maintains that matesy air to keep things light, with recognition of achievement which overall works well.
It's also both interesting and fun; how those that first appeared surefooted and your obvious choice for winner can fall at any moment, only to then be suddenly in the final with what seemed the least likely.
It's currently sat on BBC IPlayer and the Christmas Special is on the 23 December at 6.30 with Kym Marsh, Gemma Collins, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Christopher Biggins, Kate Bottley, Bonnie Langford, Olly Smith and Danny John-Jules
I watched it as I usually enjoy Ramesh's shows.

It was ok. No need to set the series record, but reasonable light entertainment.

Not sure why every show needs a 'celebrity' version, especially when the celebrities are so little known.

I watched it as I usually enjoy Ramesh's shows.

It was ok. No need to set the series record, but reasonable light entertainment.

Not sure why every show needs a 'celebrity' version, especially when the celebrities are so little known.
Probably because they pull in viewers who do know them, it's free (We do a lotta great work for charidy, mate) and they aren't likely to break the prize bank.
Just as I'm sure there's a cynical reason for choosing the heavily Northern accented voiceover lass.

Probably because they pull in viewers who do know them, it's free (We do a lotta great work for charidy, mate) and they aren't likely to break the prize bank.
Just as I'm sure there's a cynical reason for choosing the heavily Northern accented voiceover lass.
The sad fact is that I only recognise most of today's "celebrities" because I've seen then on other "celebrity" shows!

Typical conversation in my house: "Oh look, it's that woman that was on House of Games last year"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom