The Ward- John Carpenter- delayed!

Had an email about this earlier today. Pleased to see Warner actually paying attention to the reports and kudos to Carpenter for calling it like it is (was) on Twitter.

*** a new John Carpenter movie released and I've never heard of it???

ashamed :(

Last edited:
While it's good they're re-doing the disc, the 5 month delay is not! I'm sure the long delay is to try and stop people in the US importing it.

I was just about to make a comment about John Carpenter's high standards and integrity. . .

Then I noticed he shot it open matte.

I was just about to make a comment about John Carpenter's high standards and integrity. . .

Then I noticed he shot it open matte.
Don't see what that has to do with anything if it was composed for 2.35:1.

Anyway, kicking this back up as the disc is out on Monday. Looks like a reasonable transfer as well. Anyone seen it? I love my old JC, but after most of his recent output I think I'm better of sticking with the classics...

Saw this at HMV this morning- rear cover info indicates it is 2.35:1. No slipcover.

It's definitely in the correct ratio now, that was the reason for the delay.

Had an email about this earlier today. Pleased to see Warner actually paying attention to the reports and kudos to Carpenter for calling it like it is (was) on Twitter.

Is he still on twitter?

He's @TheHorrorMaster, but he doesn't tweet frequently

He's not setting himself up for a fall with that twitter username then!

I've just finished watching this movie now and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and a very nice transfer and excellent Dolby TrueHD soundtrack (the thunder kept making me jump so it must have been good!). The Ward reminded me a lot of (please don't read this if you haven't seen it) *spoiler*
Identity and Shutter Island
*end spoiler*. The direction and music were good and overall it's an entertaining genre movie.

P.S. What is the point in having spoiler tags if the stupid website decides to hyperlink and thus show a movie name anyway as it did with the second movie I named? I just saw it now, hopefully before anyone else saw it and had The Ward spoilt for them. I added [ i ] [ / i ] to the middle of the name to fool the site. This behaviour really needs to change IMO so the site ignores EVERYTHING that is within the spoiler tags.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom