• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The War Z

stument

Distinguished Member
Will defo be Beta testing this! looks and sounds great :D

Hopefully it is no where near as buggy as DayZ

Any news on the Beta Start Date?

Last edited:

majnu

Distinguished Member
seems like they are capatlizing on the success of dayz.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Will defo be Beta testing this! looks and sounds great :D

Hopefully it is no where near as buggy as DayZ

Any news on the Beta Start Date?

They say Fall this year, fingers crossed.

seems like they are capatlizing on the success of dayz.

Indeed, but competition is what makes games strive too make their's better - hopefully this will hurry DayZ to sort out bugs and such, either that or it will take over as a better game. Either way it should be a win for the player :)

And they do claim to having been working on this for a while - although do we believe that? :p

Well...... if its strapped onto the Arma II engine, this will only go one way :rotfl:

It uses the Arktos' Eclipse engine, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not :D

Might try "War Inc. Battlezone" just to see what the engine is like. It's a free to play... http://www.thewarinc.com/

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Shame really that they have completely ripped off DayZ. They say they had something in development, but to me it sounds like they had a basis that was probably not like DayZ at all and they have just decided to change it all around.

I feel sorry that Dean Hall has lost his work to these guys.

I mean no investment firm would put $4million dollars on the line for a hardcore zombie wasteland simulator. It was probably initially a WoW clone, with standard MMO trappings, then they see how popular DayZ becomes and they change it to practically a carbon copy.

I would still try it out if it is good, but just a shame that so much these days seems to just be ripped off.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
I can't see how a game like this could be knocked out in less than a year to eighteen months when Day Z has been in alpha for a few months only. I guess it's possible they had something similar and have tweaked it when they saw how popular Day Z had become but you can't do an MMO in a few months.

FlyingShrapnel

Prominent Member
Miss Chief said:
I can't see how a game like this could be knocked out in less than a year to eighteen months when Day Z has been in alpha for a few months only. I guess it's possible they had something similar and have tweaked it when they saw how popular Day Z had become but you can't do an MMO in a few months.

That's a good point, but it seems too much of a coincidence that they have similar features like PvP, needing food and water etc and their name is pretty similar too :rotfl:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
I was surprised that he said they took parts from DayZ, I was expecting a flat out refusal though it's pretty clear anyway.

Hopefully it turns out good for its own reasons, the beta should give us a good indication of this.

AML

Prominent Member
Glad someone is making a proper game like this.
I wish there was more support for modders who make ip as popular as the Arma 2 mod, but the reality is that devs will always have the edge.

Will def get this when it comes out!

gr0uty

Prominent Member
I couldn't care less if they rip DayZ off. I Love the idea of DayZ but not the execution. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

MiniCho5en1

Established Member
I couldn't care less if they rip DayZ off. I Love the idea of DayZ but not the execution. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Think the Arma engine is to blame really, i've never liked it.

I've signed up for this beta though, just hope it turns out as good as it sounds.

majnu

Distinguished Member

majnu

Distinguished Member
I feel WarZ is missing some element that keeps you on your toes constantly in DayZ. It's hard to tell what it is, maybe it's the music, dynamic weather or the fact that zombies don't run after you like a Jamaican sprinter when you fire a shot.

I do like the weapon crafting 18mins into the video, reminds me of the nano abilities in Crysis.

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
I feel WarZ is missing some element that keeps you on your toes constantly in DayZ. It's hard to tell what it is, maybe it's the music, dynamic weather or the fact that zombies don't run after you like a Jamaican sprinter when you fire a shot.

I do like the weapon crafting 18mins into the video, reminds me of the nano abilities in Crysis.

Maybe its lacking the constant fear of having your character hacked & killed, or being shot on sight by a player armed to the teeth with all those freebies he got off a hacker ;).

majnu

Distinguished Member

majnu

Distinguished Member
Hands On With The War Z's In-Game Store and Menu System.

The War Z - Gameplay Interview w/ Sergey Titov

majnu

Distinguished Member
https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html

boxContent.jpg

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Yep, avoiding it purely because of that, I refuse to pay for a game then have to pay more just to keep up with others. Completely ruins it.
Especially as it's not even a well known/established developer, I'd probably okay with it if it was someone who has been in on the MMO scene for a while and you know you could trust it to run well.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yep, avoiding it purely because of that, I refuse to pay for a game then have to pay more just to keep up with others. Completely ruins it.
Especially as it's not even a well known/established developer, I'd probably okay with it if it was someone who has been in on the MMO scene for a while and you know you could trust it to run well.

Yeah it looks good but ive no interest in it now.

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
I just wish someone would bring a truly polished zombie MMO out on a decent engine.

DayZ has many great attributes but ruined by an awful engine and generally very buggy game.

WarZ is using thr engine from War Inc which is also pretty grim.

majnu

Distinguished Member
So do we need to pay to play the closed beta on Oct 31st?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom